Minutes from September 27, 2017
Planning Council Minutes
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
President's Conference Room
|Members Present:||Members Present:||Others Present:|
|Keely Holmes||Brendan Mumey||Becca Belou|
|Bridget Kevane||Abigail Richards||Tami Eitle|
|Myleen Leary||Nora Smith (for CAA)||Ian Godwin|
|Terry Leist||Christine Stanton||Karlene Hoo|
I. Welcome and announcements
II. Approval of 8/30 minutes – approved
A. Update on FY18 and FY19 priority objective D.3 – Dean Karlene Hoo
1. Dr. Hoo updated the Council on the findings and recommendations of the Graduate Task Force that was convened in Spring 2016. The priority recommendations are mostly around recruitment and admissions.
2. For FY18, the Graduate School received over $600,000 in investments for these priorities, including signing bonuses for doctoral students, student travel, STEM recruitment, GTA lines, etc. An additional $600,000+ was invested in colleges and departments.
3. Slides will be attached to minutes.
B. Space Management Policy – John How
1. Space Management is providing stewardship of campus spaces, working to create a culture change to break silos with university space.
2. There is a new policy is available online: http://www.montana.edu/spm/spacepolicy.html
a. Goals are to create transparency and establish fairness
b. Comments (due 10/13) can go to John at [email protected]
C. Strategic Planning – Chris Fastnow
1. Strategic Planning Committee (SPC)
a. An 8-member committee was selected, will begin meeting in October
2. PC Meeting with Springboard International (SBI) on 10/30
a. On campus 10/30 and 10/31
b. Planning Council to meet at 1:00 on 10/30
D. Accreditation – Tami Eitle
1. Accreditation visit will be 10/16-10/18
2. Tami shared the report, with special emphasis on Standard 3A: Institutional Planning, which emphasizes the strategic planning process and the shepherding of the plan.
3. She expects for the group to be asked how we get information from constituencies, how the prioritization process works, and about the core theme planning for each strategic goal
E. Goal Update – Ian Godwin
1. Ian shared the Access goal update
IV. Other Business
Next Meeting: October 30, 1-2 pm, PCR