Minutes from June 24, 2020
Planning Council Minutes
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
|Members Present:||Members Present:||Others Present:|
Michael Brody for Eric Austin
|Jason Clark||Susan Raph||Miranda Bly|
|Tracy Dougher||Colin Shaw||Jason Carter|
|David Eitle||Christine Stanton||Ariel Donohue|
|Chris Fastnow||Tami Eitle|
|Stephanie Gray||Tracy Ellig|
|Chris Kearns||Ann Galloway|
|Ilse-Mari Lee for Logan Schultz||Ian Godwin|
|Terry Leist||John How|
|Rob Maher||Megan Lasso|
- Welcome and announcements
- Planning Council needs to reevaluate the strategic plan’s progress in light of COVID-19.
- Some terms are ending, and some members are finishing their second and final term.
- Jason Carter offered an update on Strategic Plan goal 1.2.2 (matching support for graduate research assistants (GRAs): REDG and Grad Dean are looking at current funding mechanisms and new ways to meet this goal and to make it sustainable year after year. Looking into all funding sources.
- A question arose whether some of these goals should be paused due to COVID. Chris will ask for volunteers to reach out to strategic planners and peers at other institutions to see how they are handling their strategic plan goals during the pandemic. Planning Council will revisit timelines in Fall.
- Tami Eitle accreditation update: working on mid-cycle accreditation report. A mid-October site visit is planned. We must demonstrate mission fulfilment, focused on student learning. The self-study will include assessment and action reports on several programs related to Intentional Focus 1. She may ask Planning Council to review some sections for the July meeting. Another group will determine level of mission fulfilment.
- Discussion ensued about using this disruption as a research opportunity around delivery modality and outcomes.
- Discussion regarding issues with using Shroyer Gym for classes followed.
- Construction update: American Indian Hall foundation concrete was poured. Romney is on schedule. Hamilton Hall re-roofing project has been delayed by rain. Romney Oval is dug upfor geothermal wells. Bobcat Athletic Complex broke ground, working with City. Hyalite Hall has its city walk through next week. If the Student Health Center is constructed, we will have added 25% of our campus in the last 8 years.
- Reid Hall COVID-19 update: they are looking at increasing circulation of fresh air and upgrading filters.
- Other business - none
Next meeting: July 22, 1:00-2:00 p.m., WebEx