Large Format Color Imaging
Size and Quality
University Printing Services has a large format color printer with a maximum image area of 42" wide by a maximum length of 100' in standard matte, semi-gloss and tyvek paper stocks.
We use the EPSON Stylus Pro 9800 and EPSON Stylus Pro 9890 printer for the highest quality poster printing output. It's the perfect way to produce display material for presentations, posters, signs, banners, and artwork. For the optimum in print quality:
- Preferred file types for large format are .ppt and .pdf files.
- If using scanned photos, use 300dpi or higher resolution settings.
- Use high quality images and photos designed to the finished size for best results.
- Avoid using graphics copied from the web, .jpeg and .gif files are not recommended.
- Set the document page size to match the final print size. If you use a smaller proportionate page size, we can enlarge it.
If you are wanting a photo or art quality print, please visit our digital prepress technician to assist you with the results that you expect. For more details, call (406) 994-5708.
Lamination, Mounting and Foam Core Edging
To help protect and enhance your prints we offer lamination for your large format output to protect against moisture or sunlight. We also offer mounting on ultra light weight, stiff, 3/16" white foam core for posters up to 40" x 60". We will trim the poster as requested for your presentation.
Upon request, we will provide a reduced size 8 1/2" x 11" copy of your PRINT READY FILE to proof before we print the poster. Your final poster will be available within one working day of receiving a signed proof. (Additional time is required for quantity orders.)
Please contact us at (406) 994-5708 for costs and turn-around time estimates.