Computer Fee Allocation Committee Proposal Form FY22
MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY
COMPUTER FEE ALLOCATION
Request for FY22 Funds
- Using this form, indicate the type of proposal (#1 below) and answer the following questions as specifically and completely as possible. Submit form to the appropriate college Dean.
- Dean’s office shall prioritize the college proposals.
- Dean’s office submits a cover memo with a prioritized ranking of proposals with the CFAC form for each proposal to [email protected].
- Proposals are due by 5:00 p.m., Monday, March 15th, 2021.
Name of department, college or unit here
Building and room # here
Total Funds Requested:
- Please select the option below that most accurately characterizes this Please note that a portion of CFAC funds is set aside on an on-going basis to maintain existing campus-wide computing resources and to support new campus-wide technology initiatives. All campus stakeholders are encouraged to identify campus-wide needs, and to submit campus-wide proposals that address these needs. The remaining CFAC funds are used to support departmental proposals. HIGHLIGHT one of the following.
- Existing College/Departmental Proposal: Supports the maintenance and enhancement of existing departmental computing labs, infrastructure, software and/or other computing
- Existing Campus-Wide Proposal: Supports the maintenance and enhancement of existing campus-wide computing labs, infrastructure, software and/or other computing
- New College/Departmental Proposal: Proposes the creation or expansion of departmental computing labs, infrastructure, software and/or other computing
- New Campus-Wide Proposal: Proposes the creation or expansion of campus-wide computing labs, infrastructure, software and/or other computing
- Provide a single paragraph overview of the For proposals to support existing facilities, respond to question 3; for proposals to develop new facilities, respond to question 4.
FOR MAINTENANCE OR ENHANCEMENT OF EXISTING FACILITIES
- Provide a brief history of the facility and details of its current status with attention to the following issues:
- What hardware is in the facility? Please report numbers of machines, approximate ages, and
- What hardware will be replaced if the proposal is funded? Please note that any hardware that was originally purchased using CFAC funds will be considered for reallocation through the secondary CFAC
- What specialized software, if any, is used in the facility? Provide an overview and indicate the approximate yearly
- What specific student needs does the facility support? Please be specific with regards to numbers of students, courses supported, and overall
FOR NEW FACILITIES
- Provide project details with attention to the following issues:
- What specific student needs does the facility support? Please be specific with regards to number of students, courses supported, and overall How was this need assessed?
- How does the proposal address this need? (Note: during the review process, you may be contacted to consider alternatives to your proposed )
- What space, if any, will be needed in support of this project? Has the use of this space been secured?
FOR ALL PROPOSALS
- Explain why the existing global computing labs cannot be used to satisfy the needs in this
- Indicate the time horizon for this If requesting funding for more than one year, provide a yearly budget as appropriate. Proposals with a time horizon of up to three years will be considered. Note: Funded multi-year proposals will be expected to provide an annual progress report as well as an end-of-project assessment.
- Provide a prioritized list of HARDWARE/EQUIPMENT and the estimated cost for each Can this request be satisfied by existing systems that would be reallocated from the global computing labs (normally 3-4 years old)?
- What is the appropriate replacement cycle for this hardware? How will hardware replacement be funded? If the expectation is that CFAC funds will be sought to fund hardware replacement, please be specific about the ongoing Where appropriate, CFAC decisions will include commitments to fund the next replacement cycle, which will be made explicit in the award announcements. However, proposals that include plans to cover these costs without additional CFAC funding may be more competitive.
- List requested SOFTWARE with estimates of initial costs and the continuing yearly costs of maintenance and How will annual costs of software be funded? If the expectation is that CFAC funds will be sought on a regular basis, please be specific about the ongoing needs. Where appropriate, CFAC decisions will include commitments to these ongoing costs, which will be made explicit in the award announcements. However, proposals that include plans to cover these annual costs without additional CFAC funding may be more competitive.