If you are looking to change a class to Pass/Fail for the current semester, please fill out the Pass/Fail Form and submit it to the Registrar's Office within the first 10 business days of the semester. Please email completed forms to [email protected] or [email protected].

Montana State University has implemented a new policy for an optional Pass/Fail grading structure for the Spring 2020 semester. This policy aims to help students remain engaged in learning with minimal risk to their overall progress toward their degrees.

In order toaccommodatefor the difficult circumstancescausedby COVID-19 and the Spring 2020 Semester the GARC Committee is providing a "Petition for Pass/Fail Grade Change." This formmustbe filled out by the student, reviewed with their Academic Advisor, and submitted to the Registrar's Office for review by the GARC Committee. It is recommended that once the Student has reviewed their petition with their Academic Advisor that the Academic Advisor submits the form electronically to the Registrar either by email or DocuSign. 

How to petition for P/F Grade Change: 

  1. Fill out Petition for P/F Grade Change 
  2. Review Document with Academic Advisor and obtain signature
  3. Submit Petition to the Registrar's Office (Preferred that the Advisor submits electroinically, or the student can drop off in person to Montana Hall)