Add or Drop a Course
- Students should talk with current advisors before initiating this process.
- Dropping or adding a course could have significant impact on your bill and financial aid, please contact the Student Accounts or Financial Aid office if you have questions.
- Additional approval emailed from the Assistant College Dean or Graduate School Dean to the Office of the Registrar is needed if adding after the 10th semester day or dropping after the withdrawal deadline for extraordinary reasons only. Graduate students, contact the Graduate School.
Fall 2020 Drop Deadline - November 9, 2020
The last day to drop a course for Fall 2020 was Monday, November 9, 2020. As of November 10, there are no drops allowed except for students with extenuating circumstances.
Students who wish to withdraw from a Fall 2020 course past the drop deadline will need to provide evidence of the following:
- The student had a physical or mental illness or injury that significantly limited their capacity to withdraw in a timely manner; or
- The student was forced to leave the University abruptly due to a health, safety, or personal emergency
Retroactive Withdrawals and COVID-19
The COVID-19 Pandemic has been/is unprecedented, and has challenged our entire society in numerous ways. While the difficulties surrounding COVID-19 are significant, the impacts on a student’s academic experience and subsequent eligibility for a retroactive withdrawal may or may not apply. Extraordinary circumstances that ARE considered in regards to COVID-19 include the following:
- The student tested positive for COVID-19, which significantly limited their capacity to be academically successful in their class(es) or to withdraw in a timely manner; or
- A direct family member of the student was hospitalized due to contracting the COVID-19 virus which significantly limited their capacity to be academically successful in their classes; or
- A direct family member of the student passed due to complications with the COVID-19 virus
Circumstances that are NOT considered in regards to COVID-19 include the following:
- The student did not like the chosen modality for their course(s); or
- The student was not able to keep pace with course load requirements; or
- The student was in quarantine for a period of time due to potential exposure to the virus.
Spring 2021 Registration (Add/Drop) Schedule
|Part of Term||Term Start Date||
Last Day to Add Online
Last Day to Add+
|Last Day to Drop Online||Last Day to Drop w/o a "W" Grade+||Last Day to Drop w/ a "W" Grade+||Term End Date|
|Out of Term Dates||11-Jan||15-Jan||25-Jan||25-Jan||1-Feb||6-Apr||30-Apr|
|+ signatures required from instructor and advisor|
Locating Contact Information
Instructor and adviros approval is required for each add and drop request. If you are unsure who to contact for permission to add or drop a course:
- Locate the instructor of each course in the Schedule of Classes on MyInfo.
- View your Advisor on your DegreeWorks worksheet in MyInfo, or use the "Find Your Advisor" tool below, provided by the Advising Commons.
Locating Course Information
The following information is needed for each course on the Add/Drop request:
- CRN: 5-digit Course Reference Number
- Subject (e.g. BMKT)
- Number (e.g. 325)
- Section (e.g. 001)
- Credits (e.g. 3)
- Title (e.g. Principles of Marketing)
To locate this information, students may either visit their course schedule in MyInfo (Student Services > Registration > Student Schedule by Day and Time) or the Schedule of Classes in MyInfo (example below).
Upon submitting a request, please allow 3-5 business days for processing, and view changes in your MyInfo account. The Office of the Registrar will receive a copy of your request for processing upon its completion. You do not need to send a copy.