Our residents often loft their beds in order to use the space in their rooms more effectively. The Residence Life staff encourages families to bring their own tools as it will speed up the lofting process, but limited tools can be checked out at the front desk of your residence hall.
For the 2017-2018 academic year, all residence halls, except Johnstone Center (Pryor, Colter, and Mullan wings) Hannon Hall, and the Quads will have bed lofting systems and will not require additional materials or tools.
2017-2018 Loft Options
Students assigned to the following halls will have the option to build their own lofts using the plans below, purchasing a loft kit from a local, Bozeman area hardware store, or renting a loft.
• Hannon Hall • Johnstone Center (Pryor, Colter, and Mullan wings) •
All loft plans are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
- Generic Loft Plans for Hannon Hall and Johnstone Center (Pryor, Colter, and Mullan wings)
- Loft Rental Program - The MSU Residence Life Office offers metal loft beds that are available for rent
for the academic year on a first come first serve basis. The loft is specifically
designed to utilize the University’s existing bed frame and mattress. The loft meets
all the University specifications for safety and size. You can order directly from
the MSU Residence Life Office and the loft will be setup in your room before you arrive
How to reserve your loft:
- Call the Residence Life Office at 406-994-2661 or stop by our office located on the first floor of Miller Dining Commons to complete a Bed Loft Contract. Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Pay for your bed loft with our Cashier's Office at 406-994-2942 or at the glass windows located on the first floor of Miller Dining Commons. Your bed loft will not be reserved until you have paid for it. Their office hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00am-3:00pm. Loft rentals are $125 for the academic year.
MSU Residence Life guarantees the delivery of the bed loft to your room before you move in if your order is received by Friday, July 28, 2017.
Students assigned to the following halls will have loftable beds so students will not be able to build or rent a loft for their room. You can find the generic lofting instructions for these beds below.
• Hapner Hall • Headwaters Complex • Langford Hall • North Hedges Hall • ResLife Apartments • Roskie Hall • South Hedges Hall • Yellowstone Hall •