Our residents often loft their beds in order to use the space in their rooms more effectively. The Residence Life staff encourages families to bring their own tools as it will speed up the lofting process, but limited tools can be checked out at the front desk of your residence hall.
For the 2018-2019 academic year, all residence halls, except Johnstone Center (Pryor, Colter, and Mullan wings) and Quads will have bed lofting systems and will not require additional materials or tools.
2018-2019 Loft Options
Students assigned to Johnstone Center (Pryor, Colter, and Mullan wings) will have the option to build their own lofts using the plans below, purchase a loft kit from a local Bozeman area hardware store, or rent a loft.
• Johnstone Center (Pryor, Colter, and Mullan wings) •
All loft plans are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
- Generic Loft Plans for Johnstone Center (Pryor, Colter, and Mullan wings)
- Loft Rental Program - The MSU Residence Life Office offers metal loft beds that are available for rent
for the academic year on a first come first serve basis. The loft is specifically
designed to utilize the University’s existing bed frame and mattress. The loft meets
all the University specifications for safety and size. You can order directly from
the MSU Residence Life Office and the loft will be setup in your room before you arrive
How to reserve your loft:
- Call the Residence Life Office at 406-994-2661 or stop by our office located on the first floor of Miller Dining Commons to complete a Bed Loft Contract. Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Pay for your bed loft with our Cashier's Office at 406-994-2942 or at the glass windows located on the first floor of Miller Dining Commons. Your bed loft will not be reserved until you have paid for it. Their summer office hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00am-3:00pm. Loft rentals pricing will be available once Residence Life begins taking Loft Rental orders.
Residence Life will begin taking loft rental orders for the 2018-2019 academic year during Summer 2018. Please check back later for more details.
Students assigned to the following halls will have loftable beds so students will not be able to build or rent a loft for their room. You can find the generic lofting instructions for these beds below.
• Hannon Hall • Hapner Hall • Headwaters Complex • Langford Hall • North Hedges Hall • ResLife Apartments • Roskie Hall • South Hedges Hall • Yellowstone Hall •
Students who are assigned to the Quads will not have the option to incorporate a bed loft in their room. Students are welcome to use bed risers for their beds.