August Session FAQ
Who is eligible for Adventures MSU? - All incoming freshmen students (including first-time, full-time and part-time) are eligible to attend Adventures MSU.
Do I need to register for Adventures MSU? - Yes, space is limited for this program, so register early to secure your spot.
Is there a cost for this program? - Yes, the cost is $379. This will cover food (including dinner on Sunday night), lodging (you will check-in to your assigned residence hall room prior to other incoming freshmen so you can get settled in), materials for the program, and transportation.
If I need to cancel my reservation, what is the refund policy? - We understand that life sometimes gets in the way of our plans and things have to change. To request a refund, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 10, 2015.
Where and When? - Adventures MSU participants will all receive a detailed schedule closer to the start of the program, but here is a "sneak peak":
- Sunday – Check-in to your residence hall starting at 10:00 a.m. and meet us in 101 Gaines Hall at 3:30 p.m
- Monday – Spend the day in the Gallatin Canyon learning about what it takes to "make it" at MSU and what you should expect during your time here. We should also mention that you'll get to navigate a high ropes course, participate in team building activities, go on a hike and sit around a bonfire…the perfect introduction to life in the Rocky Mountains.
- Tuesday – Getting down to the nitty gritty. We will teach you the skills to be successful here at MSU and review "what it's all about." We'll end the program at Hyalite Canyon, where you can explore the reservoir by canoe, hike in the Gallatin National Forest, and see a beautiful Montana sunset followed by an evening BBQ.
Why is MSU hosting this program?
- You chose MSU to pursue a dream (even if you aren't quite certain what "you'll be when you grow up"). This program will help you get on the right track to define and pursue your academic, personal and career goals - and you'll have a little fun while doing it.
- The transition to college life can be difficult; we believe that with a little help you can be a successful student at MSU.
- Bottom line, we want to see you succeed. You are a member of the MSU family and we are willing to invest in your success by hosting and rewarding you for your active participation.
What are the expectations of Adventures MSU?
- You must attend the entire program.
- You must actively participate in the program - reasonable expectations will be established during the first session to include the 3-day schedule and follow-on activities into September.
- Complete assignments to support your academic success and career planning.
- Support from MSU professionals and peers will be provided after the program. Our hope is that we "check-in" regularly with each other to ensure your academic and personal success at MSU.