Integrate Box with Microsoft Teams & Webex Teams
- Teams has an "Add cloud storage" option which enables Box folder(s) to be added to your team's Files and directly accessed.
- On Webex Teams, the Box integration allows notifications to be set up on specified Box files or folders so that they will be displayed within a Webex Teams space along with a link to file or folder.
Instructions for setting up Box integration with Teams and Webex Teams continue below.
Add Box Folders/Files to Microsoft Teams Files
- Open Teams and click the team/channel you will be adding Box storage.
- Click the Files tab and then click + Add cloud storage.
- Click Box.
You will now need to log into and grant access to Box.
- Follow prompts in grant access to Box (for detailed info, refer to steps 6-9 in Webex Teams section below).
- Select the Box folder and click Add folder.
Your folder will now be available in your team files.
To remove folder, click the more ••• icon and select Delete.
To add another folder, click the Add cloud storage button and repeat process.
Currently unavailable. Check back soon.
Go to the Webex App Hubb, and click the Webex Teams tab.
Locate and then click on Box.
The Webex Teams - Box integration page opens.
- Click the blue How to add to a space button and follow prompts.
(If the How to add Box to space button is grayed out, click the log in button in upper-right of screen to log in. Enter your @montana.edu address when prompted. After logging in you'll be redirected back the integrations page where you can repeat step 2 and click button again.)
- Click the Copy to Clipboard link and then click OK.
- Open Webex Teams.
- Open the space where you'd like to use Box, click the grid icon in upper-right corner of window and then click People.
- Click Add people and then paste bot address from your clipboard by pressing:
Control V on Windows
Command V on Mac
The bot will be added and a new message will appear in message window with instructions for activating (also detailed in the following steps).
- Press the @icon in the send message field, select the Box bot, next type manage and hit return.
- Click on the reply message from Box. this will open the separate chat window.
- Click link as directed.
- Follow prompts to activate.
- Log in with [email protected] and password.
The Box integration page reopens.
- Click the blue Add button.
The Box login window opens prompting "Log in to grant access to Box"
- Click the Use Single Sign On (SSO) link.
- Enter your email address (an @montana.edu or @student.montana.edu) and click blue Authorize button.
The MSU log in window s opens.
- Enter your NetID and Password.
- Click the Grant access to Box button.
- Select the Folder/Files by clicking the down arrow (shown circled in red), that you'd like to receive notifications
for in Webex Teams. Note: selecting sub folders/files is optional.
- Check the box(es) next to the actions for which you would like to receive notifications for in Webex
If your screen isn't displaying all of the boxes/selections shown below narrow the width of your browser window and they'll appear.
- Select the Webex Teams space in which you'd like the notices to appear.
Naming the configuration is optional.
- Click the Add button.
Your integration is now complete.
*For example, if you would like to receive notifications in Webex Teams when anyone
comments on your "Test Folder" you'd select the folder from the Folders/Files dropdown,
you'd check the Comment box and then choose the Webex Teams space where the notification
should be displayed.
Edit or Delete Integration
Go to Cisco Webex App Hub and Box integration. If you are not already signed into Webex Teams, click the Log in button in upper-right corner of window and then sign in using your [email protected] and password. After logging in you'll be taken back to integration page and your Box integration(s) will be listed. Click x to remove or edit to make changes to the integration.
See Connect Your Tools and Automate Tasks for more information on Webex Teams Bots and Integrations.
Example of how Box Integration is displayed in Webex Teams space
The screenshot below shows how notifications look in Webex Teams. In addition to the notification there will also be a direct link to the file or folder in Box.
NOTE on PERMISSIONS: Only those who you've already given permission to view the file or folder in Box will be able to view or interact with the file according to the permission level granted. A person in your Webex Teams space who hasn't been given permission will receive a notice of "file or folder not found" when he clicks on the link.