Configuring McAfee for Windows
Use the following instructions to configure the McAfee Antivirus software on your Windows computer to be automatically updated daily and scanned weekly.
To set automatic daily updates:
- 1. Right-click on the McAfee icon in your task bar. (usually located in the bottom right corner of your computer).
- 2. Select VirusScan Console.
- 3. Right-click on Auto Update and select Properties.
- 4. Click the Schedule button.
- 5. Select the Schedule tab and ensure that
Run Task is set to Daily
Every is set to 1.
- 6. Click the Apply button.
- 7. Click the OK button and click it again on the next window.
You have now set McAfee to be automatically updated daily and can close the window.
- 1. Right-click on the McAfee icon and select VirusScan Console.
- 2. Right-click on Full Scan and select Properties.
- 3. Click the Schedule button located in right sidebar.
- 4. Select the Schedule tab and ensure that
- Run Task is set to Weekly
- Select the day and time that works best for you.
- Ensure that the Run if missed box is checked. This sets the scan to run as soon as it is able to if your computer happens to be off during the scheduled scan time.
- 5. Click the Apply button then the OK button.
- 6. Click the OK button on the next window and close the window.
Your antivirus is now set to scan your computer weekly on the day and time you have selected.