Spring 2018 Office Hours
Tuesday: 10:00am-10:50am & 12:05pm-1:40pm
Online office hours for ACTG 202-801 are Tuesday: 9:00-10:00 am.
*Additional office hours by appointment - email: email@example.com
In the News:
- Forecast accuracy/optimism
- Credit ratings
- International use of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Accrual quality related to earnings management and earnings smoothing
- Innovation as part of strategy
- Cash flow presentation effects on preparers and stakeholders' decision making
Dr. Jeppson teaches courses in managerial and cost accounting. He is licensed in the
state of Utah as a CPA and worked for three years as an auditor with Eide Bailly (formerly
Hansen, Barnett and Maxwell) in Salt Lake City. In addition to helping students master
material needed to succeed on the Uniform CPA Examination and in professional employment,
he is interested in improving effectiveness of communicating basic accounting concepts
to students from diverse educational and experiential backgrounds.
Google Scholar profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=dxKDiqMAAAAJ&view_op=list_works
ResearchGate profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Nathan_Jeppson/contributions
- “Defining and Quantifying the Pension Liabilities of Government Entities in the U.S.,” co-authored with J. Ruddy and D. Salerno, Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance, Forthcoming.
- “Innovation Focused Strategy and Earnings Management,” co-authored with D. Salerno, Economic and Business Review, Volume 19, Issue 1 (2017), pp. 19-49.
- "Public Response to the FASB/IASB Proposal to Mandate the Direct Method of Cash Flows Presentation," co-authored with D. Salerno and J. Ruddy, Management Accounting Quarterly, Spring 2016, Vol. 17, Issue 3, pp. 1-9
- "You can pass the CPA exam," UACPA Journal Entry, 87(4), (2007) and ARCPA Student News, (2008)
- Accounting Education Research Grant, National Association of State Boards of Accountancy
(with Mary Burns), 2016
- Nominated for Montana State University Academic Advising Award, Fall 2014.
Ph.D., Business Administration, Concentration in Accounting, Kent State University,
Kent, OH, 2013
M.B.A., University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 2004
B.A., Accounting, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 2002