Welcome to the Office of the Dean of Students! Our staff advocates for students, works with both individual students and student groups, and collaborates with other campus offices to ensure our students are successful at MSU. Our goal in working with students, faculty, and staff is to foster a campus environment that is conducive to academic inquiry, productive campus life, and thoughtful study and discourse. Assistance is available by appointment and on a "drop-in" basis.
The Office of the Dean of Students assists students through the following services and interactions:
- Consulting with individual students on academic, personal, and developmental issues.
- Coordinating student conduct and student grievances processes and appeals.
- Providing general support and consultation for faculty.
- Administering and interpreting the Code of Student Conduct.
- Coordinating the Campus Safety & Student Welfare/Behavioral Intervention Teams.
- Making final administrative decisions regarding admission to MSU for students required to complete the Safety Questionnaire Form.
- Overseeing the University Deceased Student Notification and Protocol.
- Serving as a Deputy Coordinator for Title IX.
Montana State University hosted “Sexual Assault and Fostering a Culture of Prevention:
A Conversation” on Wednesday, April 15. The video of this event is below. It includes
information about the university’s process for reporting offenses, Title IX requirements,
education and prevention programs, education and prevention strategies within the
university’s athletics program, risk reduction and information about University Police’s
response to reported crimes, university policies about timely warnings and notifications,
and university support services for victims of sexual assault.
Slides from the event can be found here: http://www.montana.edu/conversation.
Please click here to see a flowchart of the departments and staff that work in and with the Office of the Dean of Students.