Important COVID-19 Information:
Dear MSU Dental Services Patients:
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions as well as review an informed consent for treatment. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Your temperature will be checked before entering the treatment room.
- We will be minimizing the use of our waiting area and have removed all magazine, informational pamphlets, etc. as they are difficult to clean.
- Medical Grade Filtration H13 True HEPA air purifiers positioned in each treatment room
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 994-2314 beginning May 18, 2020.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our students here at MSU.
MSU Dental Services Team
UHP Dental Services Hours
Regular Academic Semesters
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Monday: 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. by appointment only.
Tuesday-Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon and 1:00 - 3:30 p.m.
***Please note our hours and services may change based on available PPE
Phone: (406) 994-2314
Fax: (406) 994-5896
UHP Dental Services was founded over 30 years ago to provide MSU students with more accessible and affordable dental care.
MSU students who have paid the health/dental fee are eligible for services.
Our mission is to provide preventive and emergency care to urgent dental needs. Routine cleanings and emergency treatment can be provided for most students in addition to complete examinations, fillings, and crowns. Other dental treatments such as night guards, tooth whitening, custom fit athletic mouth guards, root canals and extractions can be provided within certain limits.
With a combined 50+ years in the dental field, our experienced staff consisting of one full –time dentist, one hygienist, and three support staff are ready to take care of your dental needs.
UHP Dental Service fees are generally 50-60% less than those of private practice dentists. Your payment of the university health and dental fees are required to utilize our services, but MSU student insurance is not necessary. Fees are charged for all treatments provided and payment is required at the time of service. We accept cash, credit cards (no Amex), Cat card, or may bill your student account.
Patients can schedule appointments in person or by calling 994-2314. If you would like to make an appointment for just a cleaning and exam, you may do so using the Patient Portal.
Patients needing dental treatments other than cleanings must first see the dentist for an examination or consultation. Students who have recently been examined by a private dentist may have their records forwarded to the MSU dental clinic at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Failure to show for two dental appointments within a semester results in revocation of dental clinic privileges for the remainder of that semester.
The MSU Student Insurance Plan does not cover dental services. UHP Dental Services is willing to assist in the submission of claims for private dental insurance. However, UHP Dental Services does not accept assignment of insurance benefits. Additionally, UHP Dental Services does not accept Medicaid, Indian Health Service, Veteran's Administration, or other third party payments.