The Honors College at Montana State University provides opportunities for students to study, conduct research, and exchange ideas in a challenging and supportive academic environment. In addition to learning from outstanding faculty members, Honors students can attend special Honors seminars, take interdisciplinary Honors courses, and engage in independent study and research opportunities. Select information topics from the menu to find out more about the Honors College.
The mission of the Honors College at Montana State University is to prepare academically motivated students to think critically and independently within a challenging and supportive community.
MSU to celebrate Honors College during the month of December
As part of MSU's yearlong celebration of its 125th anniversary in 2018, December will celebrate the Honors College.
December Events to include:
- Wednesday December 5, 12:00 pm - Truman Scholar Alumni Panel with Alex Paterson, Cara Thuringer, Levi Birky, Haley Cox, Connor Hoffman and Representative Zach Brown. Procrastinator. Free & Open to the Public.
- Thursday December 6, 12:00 pm - Goldwater Scholars Panel with Cara Robertus, Casey Smith, Ryan Mason and Maggie Russell. Procrastinator. Free & Open to the Public.
- Friday December 7, 4-6:00 pm - Honors Holiday Musicale. Leigh Lounge. Free & Open to the Public.
- Wednesday December 12, 7:00 pm - MSU Rhodes Scholars: Katy Hansen, Josh Carter, Jen DeVoe, Maurice Burke, as well as family members of earlier scholars and several finalists. SUB Ballrooms. Free & Open to the Public; RSVP required by December 7.
- Thursday December 13, 7:00 pm - Honors Graduation. SUB Ballroom A. Free & Open to the Public; RSVP required by December 10.
- Friday December 14, 10:00 am - Norm Asbjornson Hall Ribbon Cutting Ceremony. NAH.
****Due to increased demand, we are pleased to announce that Honors housing will also be available in Hannon and Langford Halls, in addition to the Quads and the 3rd floor on South Hedges, for the fall of 2018.***
Featured Interviews by Honors College Students and Graduates
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Life as an Honors Student
- Research and Interdisciplinary Studies
- The Honors Community