A search committee has been formed for the hiring of a new Montana State University equity compliance director and Title IX coordinator.
Matt Caires, dean of students, is chair of the nine-member search committee.
The director will serve as the central resource for all constituencies on issues related to protected class discrimination, harassment and Title IX. The director will develop and oversee a comprehensive program for Title IX discrimination and harassment compliance and educational outreach for students, faculty and staff.
The position will also conduct, coordinate and ensure the timely completion of the university's response and investigation of complaints including harassment and discrimination.
Members of the search committee are:
- Sara Rushing, assistant professor, Department of Political Science
- Alanna Sherstad, VOICE Center coordinator
- Justin Cook, director of the Office of Research Compliance
- Camie Bechtold, senior associate athletic director for compliance
- Sweeney Windchief, assistant professor, Department of Education
- Lynda Ransdell, dean, College of Education, Health and Human Development
- Dennis Defa, MSU chief human resources officer
- Jordan Guarceau, vice-president, Associated Students of MSU
MSU’s equity compliance director and Title IX coordinator will support the efforts of all four MSU campuses in providing an open, diverse and inclusive learning and working environment.
Contact: Tracy Ellig (406) 994-5607, firstname.lastname@example.org@montana.edu