The Montana District Export Council is seeking business leaders interested in helping strengthen export opportunities for Montana companies.
Closely affiliated with the U.S. Commerce Department’s Export Assistance Centers and the U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service, the Montana District Export Council is one of 59 nationally working to strengthen American exports.
The mission of the Montana District Export Council includes:
• Counseling and mentoring of local businesses in exporting
• Identifying export financing sources for businesses
• Creating greater export awareness in the business community locally
• Identifying issues affecting export trade and implementation of suggestions for improvement
• Advocating trade policy and legislation supporting exporters and the U.S. export sector
• Supporting programs and services of the U.S. Export Assistance Centers
• Building local export assistance partnerships with other trade-related organizations
• Providing export training and education through Export University® programs and the ExporTech program
Currently, there are approximately 1,500 district export council members across the nation who volunteer their time and specialized expertise to assist small- and medium-sized businesses in their local communities establish or increase export sales. Council members also sponsor and participate in numerous trade promotion activities, as well as advocate for effective trade policy positions.
In addition, council members play a major role in the planning and coordination of export activities for their communities. As a lead organization serving the international business community, councils have the capacity to facilitate development of an effective export assistance network and can assist in coordinating the activities of trade assistance partners to leverage available resources. Councils also serve as a communications link between the business community and the U.S. & Foreign Commercial Service, and support the export expansion activities of the U.S. Commerce Department in a variety of ways within their communities.
Montana business leaders who are interested in participating in the Montana District Export Council should contact Jenni West, associate director of Montana State University’s Montana Manufacturing Extension Center, at Jennifer.email@example.com or Angelyn DeYoung, international trade manager at the Montana Department of Commerce, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Carey Hester, director, Montana U.S. Export Assistance Center, email@example.com.
Jennifer West at firstname.lastname@example.org, Angelyn DeYoung at email@example.com or Carey Hester at firstname.lastname@example.org