BOZEMAN – Montana State University President Waded Cruzado announced this morning the members of a committee that will lead the national search for the next chancellor of MSU Billings.
The committee will be chaired by Deputy Commissioner of Higher Education John Cech. Its 18 members were chosen to represent the faculty, students, staff, alumni, community leaders and benefactors of MSU Billings.
The members are:
- Dan Carter, public and government affairs, ExxonMobil Billings Refinery
- John Cech, deputy commissioner of higher education and search committee chair
- Reno Charette, director of American Indian Outreach, MSU Billings
- Diane Duin, dean, MSU Billings College of Allied Health Professions; interim dean, MSU Billings College of Business
- Mary Susan Fishbaugh, dean, MSU Billings College of Education; director, MSU Billings Graduate Studies
- Katelyn Focht, president of the Associated Students of MSU Billings
- Vern Gagnon, instructor of automotive technology, City College MSU Billings; vice president of MEA-MFT, MSU Billings local
- Paul Gatzemeier, executive director, Horses Spirits Healing Inc., Billings
- Susan Gilbertz, professor of geography and chair of MSU Billings Faculty Senate
- John Gun Shows, student, City College MSU Billings
- Mike Gulledge, publisher, Billings Gazette and Missoulian
- Joy Honea, professor of sociology; chair of MSU Billings Department of Social Sciences and Cultural Studies; president of MSU Billings Faculty Association
- Lenette Kosovich, CEO, Rimrock Foundation
- Steve Loveless, president and CEO, St. Vincent Health Care
- Robert Mokwa, provost and executive vice president for academic affairs, Montana State University
- Lisa Perry, community relations manager, NorthWestern Energy
- Martha Sheehy, regent, Montana University System
- Sheri Steiner, administrative assistant and MSU Billings chair Staff Senate
To assist in the national search, MSU has retained the consulting services of Greenwood/Asher & Associates. The committee will be staffed by Julie Heard, executive assistant to MSU Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs Robert Mokwa. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first meeting of the MSU Billings Chancellor Search Committee will be at 8:30 a.m. Friday, Nov. 3, at the City College MSU Billings’ Health Science Building, Room 119. The agenda is available online at http://www.montana.edu/president/documents/MSUBNov3ChancellorSearch.pdf.
Cruzado said Oct. 10 that the chancellor’s position would be filled with a national search rather than by appointment. In the letter announcing that decision, she said a national search would afford MSU Billings’ new chancellor added legitimacy and credibility, as well as give the community a chance to participate in the selection process.
Contact: Tracy Ellig, Executive Director of University Communications, Montana State University, 406-994-5607, email@example.com.