Alcohol Edu for College, Haven, and Transit
As part of our comprehensive prevention program for new students, Montana State University requires all incoming students to complete AlcoholEdu for College, Haven, and Transit. These online courses will empower you to make well-informed decisions about issues that affect your college years and beyond. If you have any questions on the programming that we offer, please feel free to contact the MSU Prevention Staff at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive an email prompting you to login when the courses open to you. Please ensure your preferred email address is listed in your Myinfo student information. For more information about the programs and the company that administers the programs, please go to www.everfi.com.
To begin AlcoholEdu, Haven, and Transit
- Go to: www.montana.edu/myinfo
- Click Log into MyInfo
- Log in with your User ID and Pin
- Click Student Services
- Click Required Online Education
- When prompted, please enter your 8 digit student ID number to receive credit for completion. You can look-up your Student ID on your Cat Card. Please include all zeros but do not include the dash. For example: if your Student ID is -01234567 enter 01234567
- Questions may be directed to email@example.com
- Failure to complete all three programs will result in an administrative hold on your account which will prevent you from registering for classes.
While we are committed to making a difference with our students, we also understand that parents are the first line of defense against alcohol misuse and abuse. EverFi offers additional content that is designed to support your conversations about alcohol that will help shape the decisions your child must make in college surrounding alcohol use.
The content is available at http://www.everfi.com/alcoholeduforparents and includes:
- An overview of the AlcoholEdu for College course structure and key concepts.
- A demo video that provides you with an overview of the course experience your child will be moving through.
- Helpful resources, such as tips on talking to your college student about alcohol, warning signs of an alcohol problem and links to additional resources.
Student Troubleshooting Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
- AlcoholEdu for College
- Whether you drink or not, this course will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you to reflect on and consider college drinking related issues.
- Haven Understanding Sexual Assault
- Learn about healthy relationships, the importance of consent and being a good communicator, and the many ways you can help create the safe, positive campus you want to be a part of.
- Transit Financial Wellness
- From budgeting for the weekend to managing your financial aid, this course will equip you with skills to navigate your finances both in school and beyond.
As of October 15th, 2014 the Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education has mandated all new, incoming students to Montana State University (regardless of age) are required to complete an authorized program in alcohol education, sexual assault awareness and prevention, and financial literacy. Participation in this program is not an elective; if the modules are not completed in the time allotted, a hold will be placed on your ability to register for the following term.
- Part 1 is due January 26th, 2018.
- Part 2 is due March 2nd, 2018.
Part 2 of AlcoholEdu, Haven, and Transit will become available 30 days AFTER you complete Part 1 of the programs. You will be notified via email when Part 2 is available to you.
AlcoholEdu, Haven, and Transit will take approximately four hours to complete. Students can complete the course at their own pace over multiple sittings.
You can access the 24 hour IT support through the course. The number to speak to an EverFi IT specialist is 866-384-9062. When calling the number, please be sure to inform them of the issue that you are having, as well as the university in which you are affilitated (MSU). You can also access the support by clicking next to your name at the top right of the screen. Then, click on "Help" in the drop down menu and follow the instructions.
If you do not receive a 75% or higher on AlcoholEdu, you will be instructed to retake the course.
Please use your preferred e-mail address.
- A computer with Internet access, audio capabilities, and Adobe Flash player.
- MSU Student ID number. You can look-up your Student ID on your Cat Cat. Please include all zeros but do not include the dash. For example: if your student ID is -01234567 enter 01234567.