The Body Project
Body Project may be triggering and not a good fit for those with an active eating disorder.
About The Body Project
The Body Project is an evidence based program that involves two--2 hour group sessions in which women participate using written, verbal, and behavioral exercises that counter the thin-ideal that our culture perpetuates. This type of intervention, when provided by trained leaders has been shown to improve body image, improve sense of self, and decrease the risk of eating disorders and unhealthy dieting behaviors.
The more groups, clubs, departments, and interested individuals that we have speaking the same language regarding body acceptance and against body dissatisfaction, the better environment that we create for our students and staff. The more sessions of Body Project that we can facilitate over each year, the healthier our overall environment will be.
Provide Body Project to empower women:
- To reduce the internalization of our cultural thin-body ideal
- To enhance body acceptance, body image, and positive sense of self
- To decreases negative moods and unhealthy eating patterns
- To reduce risk and symptoms of eating disorders
- To create an environment at MSU that speaks a consistent message around the topic of body acceptance
Sign up by emailing: email@example.com, please indicate:
- Which workshop you would like to attend
- How best to confirm: email or text--include phone number if text is your preference
|Workshop #1 Monday, September 25th & Thursday, September 28th||September 25th, 2017||4:00-6:00 p.m||SUB Rm 236|
|September 28th, 2017||4:00-6:00 p.m||SUB Rm 236|
|Workshop #2 Monday, October 23rd & Thursday, October 26th||October 23rd, 2017||5:00-7:00 pm||SUB 236|
|October 26th, 2017||5:00-7:00 p.m||SUB Rm 232|
|Workshop #3 Monday, November 13th & Thursday, November 16th||November 13th, 2017||4:00-6:00 p.m||SUB Rm 236|
|November 16th, 2017||4:00-6:00 p.m||SUB Rm 236|
Please feel free to email the Body Project if you would like to request a workshop. They are 2 hours--2 sessions, one week apart. 8-10 students is the ideal number for each workshop. Thank you for your interest in having a Body Project Workshop.
Become a Leader
Am I a good fit to become a Body Project Leader?
- Are you someone who understands the importance of body acceptance and body image for women of all ages at MSU?
- Are you a woman who has a passion for helping other women?
- Are you someone who has compassion and a gift for facilitating?
- Do you want to be a part of an amazingly impactful movement in the MSU community that empowers women to feel comfortable in their own skin?
If you answer YES to more than one of these questions, becoming a Body Project Leader may be right for you!