Work with OHA
Welcome to the Office of Health Advancement! If you are interested in joining a vibrant, thriving team with a focus for the well-being of our staff and our campus community, we currently are hiring for a student graphic designer!
POSITION: Student Graphic Designer
DEPARTMENT: Health Advancement, University Health Partners
WAGE and HOURS: 15-20 hrs/ week, $$10.00/hr
Under the direction of the Director of Health Advancement and the Health Educator, and in coordination with other offices and departments within University Health Partners, the Student Graphic Designer will:
Essential Job Functions:
- Update current publications and create new publications (including postcards, brochures,
advertisements, graphics, table tents, posters and web features) to serve the marketing needs of the Office of Health Advancement and University Health Partners
- In consultation with staff, identify appropriate photos, graphic elements, and videos to add
value to the program marketing on the website and social media platforms
- Explore new ways of marketing Health Advancement programs in print and digital formats
- Help facilitate OHA events and campaigns with ability to work after-hour events
Experience / Requirements:
Successful candidate should:
- Have extensive experience with graphic design software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Have artistic sensibility, be creative, and willing to learn
- Understand and independently carry out oral and written instructions while adhering to deadlines
- Be detail oriented and capable of managing several projects at once.
- Learn and successfully use new software programs as needed to fulfill job duties
- Have basic knowledge of marketing principles and design aesthetics
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships including communication with OHA staff
- Provide excellent customer service
- Knowledge of both Mac and PC operating systems
- Knowledge of print and production processes
- Communicate effectively with outside vendors for pricing, ordering of designs, etc.
- Understand and adhere to copyright law and MSU’s graphic design policies
Health Promotion/Community Health knowledge
Photography and digital photo editing skills
Basic understanding of principles of marketing
Currently enrolled students pursuing a degree in any discipline are eligible to apply. Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Danika Comey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled.
Start date: January 2019
Appointment – Academic Year – with possibility of summer employment