The Classroom Committee is a standing committee of the Space Management Committee and the activities of the Committee include:
- Review annual classroom utilization statistics (including Registrar classrooms as well as departmental classrooms).
- Evaluates long and short-term impacts of adding classrooms or changing existing classrooms to non-classroom functions for designated Registrar classrooms and/or departmental classrooms
- Review and analyze classroom sizes and make recommendations as to future campus needs
- Conduct condition assessments of campus classroom facilities.
- Provide oversight and recommendations of the classroom upgrades/maintenance needs on the campus. Assist in the development of systematic long range plans to prioritize and implement facility renovations, upgrades and technology improvements.
- Develop and recommend classroom technology levels.
- Develop and recommend campus classroom design and construction standards which include but are not limited to: finishes, furnishings, ADA requirements and recommendation, etc.
- Consult with various constituents regarding classrooms (For example, Registrar Office staff, Facilities Services custodial and maintenance staff, Campus Planning Design and Construction department staff, faculty, students and branch campus staff and faculty as appropriate).
- Consult with and report to SMC, the Provost, President's Executive Council and/or Budget Council as needed.
- Report our work and success to key constituents such as faculty, students, administrators, and other committees in a variety of ways.
|Lockhart, Marilyn||CO Chair/Ex Officio||
Center for Faculty Excellence
|Stephens, Randy||CO Chair/Ex Officio||CPDC - University Architect||-||Perm.|
|Bocast, Brooke||Member||Faculty - College of Letters & Science||1||01/21|
|Campeau, Tony||Ex Officio||Registrar||-||Perm.|
|Downs, Alisha||Ex Officio||Registrar||-||---|
|Freese, Bill||Member||Faculty - College of Education, Health & Human Development||1||09/20|
|Galloway, Ann||Member||Faculty - College of Nursing||1||02/21|
|Graff, Madison||Ex Officio**||CPDC - Staff Support||-||---|
|Haderlie, Brad||Ex-Officio||UIT - AV||-||Perm.|
|Hook, EJ||Ex Officio||Director of Facilities Services||-||Perm.|
|Johnson, Kris||Member||Department Head for Learning and Research Services - Library||1||01/21|
|Maher, Rob||Member||Faculty - College of Engineering||2||03/21|
|Mulhill, Michelle||Member||Disability Services||1||08/19|
|Obbink, Kim||Ex Officio||Extended University||-||Perm.|
|O'Toole, Loras||Ex Officio||FS - University Engineer||-||Perm.|
|Peterson, Sean||Member||Faculty - Gallatin College||1||10/20|
|Silvestri, Ken||Ex Officio||Center for Faculty Excellence||-||---|
|Smith, Colin||Ex Officio||UIT - AV||-||Perm.|
|Thomson, Jennifer||Member||Faculty - College of Agriculture||1||09/20|
|Vacant||Member||Faculty - Jake Jabs College of Business and Entrepreneurship|
|Vacant||Member||Faculty - College of Arts and Architecture|
Clerical/support services provided by CPDC
** Non-Voting Member
Membership: Updated September 15, 2017
Committee members are selected on the basis of one or more of the following:
- The specific responsibilities related to their position (ex officio).
- Their particular expertise, knowledge or interest relating to the responsibilities of the committee and/or campus in general.
- To represent the interests of a particular constituent group.
In recognition of the importance of MSU's commitment to Shared Governance, MSU's dynamic participative governance processes actively solicit input, advice and perspective from all campus constituencies to inform the institution's administrative leadership regarding campus issues, policies and procedures that impact the direction of the institution. Therefore, in addition to the active participation in committee activities by each member, the responsibilities of the committee members who represent a constituent group and particularly those who represent an MSU governance body (e.g. Faculty Senate, Professional Council, Staff Senate, ASMSU), include regular and timely reports to their governance body and dissemination of appropriate and relevant information to their constituents, as well as reciprocal solicitation of constituent group input regarding issues before the Committee.
The Committee is comprised of members that represent the campus constituency, including ex official members, and representation from the greater university community. Official committee activities requires a quorum of 2/3 of the current membership, including proxies.
The College Dean shall appoint a Faculty Member to the Classroom Committee upon the request of the Committee.
Ex Officio Members
The Ex Officio members may choose to designate a regular representative to attend in their stead and exercise voting rights; however, the Ex Officio member may choose to attend any meeting in place of their designee, and may exercise their voting right. Each member shall have only one regular vote (i.e. by either ex officio or designee).
Length of Term
Appointed members serve a three-year term, with no limit to the number of terms. (Terms for ASMSU representation will accommodate ASMSU practices).
Semi annual activity report to UFPB; Bi-annual recommendation report to coincide with development of the LRBP program; others requested.