News & Events
- Sustainable Foods and Bioenergy Systems named one of the 10 best environmental programs in the U.S.
- MSU graduate launches biofuels start-up, partners with university
- MSU's commitment to environment places it in top 16 in March Madness Tounament
- Buy Tickets to the Chasing Ice Bozeman Film Premiere on their Facebook Page
Subscribe to Sustainability Newsletter
Spotlight on Sustainability
Network of Environmentally Conscious Organizations
NECO, the Network of Environmentally Conscious Organizations, is a student-driven grassroots organization at Montana State University dedicated to connecting resources between MSU and the greater Montana community, emphasizing environmental, social, and economic sustainability.
NECO activities including recycling and composting, classroom visits to local elementary schools, curriculum development, and legislative action. NECO meets weekly and there are always ways for students to get involved
Welcome to the MSU Office of Sustainability
We are here for you. Our office works to develop, coordinate, and promote campus sustainability goals, projects, and practices. Our office fosters a culture of stewardship and sustainability for the MSU community and supports MSU achieve the goals set forth in the Strategic Plan and our commitment to the ACUPCC .
MSU's sustainability goals:
- Steward use of student and the University's resources, ensuring these funds contribute effectively to campus sustainability efforts and engage students, faculty and staff in a meaningful way.
- Provide employment, volunteer, and internship opportunities to students who wish to contribute to sustainability efforts at MSU.
- Build programs that engage the campus in dialog and action.
- Link students, faculty and staff to information, campus resources, and decision-makers with regard to campus sustainability.
- Leverage student activism by building partnerships with MSU administration and departments to provide program continuity year-to-year.
- Advocate for increased institutional commitment to sustainable policies and practices.