Welcome to the Center for Faculty Excellence Website!
We are committed to the support of professional enhancement of all faculty across all career stages in the areas of teaching, research/creative activity, outreach/service, and work/life integration.
- collaboration, and
MSU's Center for Faculty Excellence honored as a
2014 Exemplary Teaching and Learning Center
The Center for Faculty Excellence was recently recognized and honored as a
2014 Exemplary Teaching and Learning Center. Marilyn Lockhart attended the
awards ceremony at the 25th International Conference on Teaching and Learning
where the Center received a plaque for this recognition.
Thanks to everyone for their support and help over the past three years!
This belongs to everyone involved in the Center's work.
Click here for further details about the Center's honor.
Pictured below: Marilyn Lockhart (left), Director, Center for Faculty Excellence,
and Anne Angermeyr, Program Coordinator.
Photos from the TEAL classroom in Gaines Hall
This website provides numerous resources for all faculty at MSU, including:
- Information for New Faculty
- Information About Teaching Online
- Teaching and Learning Resource Page (including TEAL classrooms)
- Boilerplate Syllabus Language
- MSU Faculty Instructional Guide (3rd ed.) (Click here for PDF version)
- MSU Academic Advising Center - The staff of MSU's Academic Advising Center
have compiled many important resources and guides for use by MSU Faculty.
- Technology Tools for Teaching - Helpful documents, guides, workshop schedules,
and more resources for teaching and learning with technology!
- Early Career Faculty Excellence Program
- Certificate of Teaching Enhancement
- President's Excellence in Teaching Award (past winners)
2015 President's Excellence in Teaching Award (current announcement)
- 2015 Teaching Innovation Award (current announcement)
- 2015 Academic Advising Award (current announcement)
- Faculty Excellence Grants Program 2014-2015
Friday, Feb. 14: 12:00-1:00 p.m., SUB 233
Tuesday, Feb. 18, 1:00-2:00 p.m., SUB 236
- Instructional Innovation Grants
- Developing Excellence in Academic Leadership (DEAL) Program
- How to Get Your Teaching Published!
- How to Access The Teaching Professor
This useful journal, available online to download, provides excellent teaching tips and strategies for university faculty.
- About the MSU Faculty Excellence Advisory Committee
- About the MSU Teaching Excellence Action Committee (TEACh)