MSU Mountains and Minds Toastmasters
The Faculty and Staff member group on the MSU campus
Communicate with confidence!
We meet Tuesdays 12:00-1:00 pm in Strand Union Building room 168. During the summer
months, we meet in Byker Auditorium in the Chemistry Building.
Visitors are welcome!
The Communication Development Certificate at MSU is an opportunity for faculty and staff to develop public speaking, listening, and leadership skills by participating in one-hour weekly Toastmasters club meetings. The certificate is a one-year commitment to participate in the club. Club dues are $51 semi-annually plus a one-time $20 new member fee for materials.
Benefits of Toastmasters
- Become an effective communicator
- Acquire the skills to speak in front of an audience
- Professional Development
- Refine your one-on-one personal communication skills
- Polish your listening skills
- Broaden your vocabulary and review proper grammar
- Practice thinking on your feet with impromptu speaking
The mission of a Toastmasters Club is to provide a mutually supportive and positive learning environment in which every member has the opportunity to develop communication and leadership skills, which in turn foster self-confidence and personal growth.