Welcome to the MSU-Bozeman Veteran Support Center! The MSU-Bozeman Office of Veteran Services, located in room 185 of the Strand Union Building, serves over 500 veterans, eligible dependents and members of the Selected Reserve who receive Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) education benefits at MSU each academic year.
In addition to certifying eligible recipients for veteran education benefits, the Veterans Support Center ensures that recipients understand their rights and responsibilities under DVA regulations and provides information and referral services to all veterans of the U.S. military, eligible dependents and members of the Selected Reserve, along with providing academic resources and use of student computers.
Fall Courses for Student Veterans
US 101-037 FIRST YEAR SEMINAR – VETERANS SECTION
MWF, 12:00 – 12:50 Roberts 412 CRN 21689
US 135 VETERAN ACADEMIC STRATEGIES
Wednesdays, 2:10 – 3:00 Roberts 209 CRN 24547
This class targets essential academic skills such as organization, note taking, test preparation, academic reading and technology. Knowledgeable professionals from campus offices offer their best advice and strategies. If you have struggled academically, or have been away from higher education for a significant period of time, this class offers support for academic success and degree completion.
- VA Direct Deposit line - 1-877-838-2778
- GI Bill Call Center – 1-888-442-4551 (8AM TO 5PM MST)
- VA Montana Medical Center, Fort Harrison, Helena MT -- (406) 442-6410
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - Veterans Benefits Administration
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - Education Service
- VA Debt Management Center (DMC) 1-800-827-0648
- Web automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE)
- State of Montana Veterans Affairs Division
- Department of Military Affairs -- (406) 388-4601
- MSU-Bozeman Office of New Student Services
- MSU-Bozeman Office of Financial Aid Services
- MSU-Bozeman Office of the Registrar
- Troops to Teachers
Veteran Support Center Staff
The center is staffed by veteran work-study students and a professional director.
Staffed by veteran work-study students