New - MSU Incentive Program for Researchers (IPR) Policy and FAQ
IPR Intent to Participate Instructions
IPR Intent to Participate Form
IPR Lump Sum Request Form
New - Information regarding federal budget sequestration impact on grants - NIH, NSF, DOE, NASA, HRSA, IHS
New - Budget Justification/Narrative Best Practices
New - Progress Report Changes - NSF / NIH (beginning February 1, 2013); USDA (beginning May 6, 2013)
New - Conflict of Interest Research Disclosure Form; Conflict of Interest Policy (revised)
and OSP Travel Disclosure Form (Sponsored or Reimbursed travel)
Required Training for PHS Research Project Directors, Project Staff and Students (held April 2012) - view video, slides, documents
Responsible Conduct of Research online video, DVDs and presentation materials - See Below
Frequently Used Links
|Preparing Your Proposal||Electronic Agency Links|
|eProposal Clearance Form||Grants.gov|
|ePcf Set Up Instructions||NSF FastLane|
|Progress Reporting (RPPR) (new)|
|Data Management Plan Guidelines||NIH RPPR / instruction guide / training|
|Finding Funding||NSF RPPR|
|Information Sheet||USDA NIFA RPPR|
|Limited Submission Opportunities||OSP Guidance|
|Preparing a Proposal||ARRA Funds|
|Proposal and Grant Resources||Classified Documents Information|
|Proposal Guidance||Glossary & Acronyms|
|Proposal Writing||OSP Office (Info, Resources, Staff)|
|PI Guide (How-to-Manual)|
|Subcontracts/Subawards||Responsible Conduct of Research (see below)|
|Required Advanced PI Training (see below)|
Subscribe to our listserv
- Send a message to email@example.com from the address you want to subscribe to the list
- In the subject line of your message, type in: subscribe OSP Firstname Name (indicate your own first name and name).
- Leave the message body blank.
Roundtable - 10 a.m.
- FY 13 meetings:
- Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - SUB D, minutes
- Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - SUB 233/235, minutes
- Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Procrastinator Theatre, minutes
- Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - Procrastinator Theatre, minutes
- FY 14 meetings:
- Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - Procrastinator Theatre
- Thursday, November 14, 2013 - Procrastinator Theatre
Principal Investigator (PI) Training
Advanced Training for Research Investigators, Project Directors, Project Staff and Students
The Office of Sponsored Programs, Technology Transfer Office and Legal Counsel held a required additional training session for all personnel involved in the design, conduct or reporting of sponsored research activities. Some new developments now require training and certifications that you need to learn about. Specifically for NIH funding recipients, attendance is mandatory to ensure that spending can continue past 8/24/12. This training was held in April 2012.
Three major topics were covered:
- Protecting university and inventor rights in intellectual property (Stanford v Roche) - Intellectual Property slides & IP handouts
- New Conflict of Interest regulations and MSU policy changes - COI Policy Revision & Gender Discrimination slides & COI handouts
- Title IX – Gender Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct
If you missed the training held in April 2012 you may do one of the following:
- Contact Carmen Fike to check out a DVD, or watch the video below. Following viewing, please send an email to Carmen to let her know you have completed the training.
- Take the CITI Program’s Conflict of Interest mini-course - https://www.citiprogram.org/. Note: When registering, be sure to affiliate yourself with MSU.
REMINDER: After taking the training, all research active employees must provide for their assignment of technologies. To execute this form, go to "My Info" at the bottom of the MSU Home Page, enter the secure area, and after login, go to My Apps at the top right. and select the Intellectual Property Agreement.
If you have questions please contact Leslie Schmidt in the Office of Sponsored Programs (994-2381).
Cost Share, ePCF, T&E, Travel and many more, contact OSP to schedule
Grant Report – training video on the Inception to Date Report View
Responsible Conduct of Research
New - Responsible Conduct of Research Seminar (for students and postdocs performing research funded by the National Science Foundation AND training grants funded by the National Institutes of Health) will be held again in Fall 2013. Email Carmen Fike to get on a notification list.
Alternative RCR Training -
A training DVD may be checked out from Carmen Fike (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The video can also be viewed below. August 10, 2010 presentation materials: Training PPT and CITI Cheat Sheet
After viewing the video, please send an email to Carmen to let her know you have completed the training.
CITI courses available to MSU are:
- Laboratory Animal Welfare
- Human Subjects Research
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Conflict of Interest
- Cultural Competence in Research (included in Human Subjects, Biomedical and Social and Behavioral courses)
- IACUC Community Member
- IRB Chair
- Working with Fish in Research Settings
Note: When registering with CITI, be sure to affiliate yourself with MSU.