Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP)
OSP manages all financial, reporting, compliance and related tasks for sponsored activity at MSU. MSU faculty are nationally competitive with their ideas and expended $93.7 million for their research and creative projects in fiscal year 2013.
- New - MSU Incentive Program for Researchers (IPR) Policy and FAQ
- IPR Intent to Participate Instructions
- IPR Intent to Participate Form
- IPR Intent to Participate Transition Fiscal Year Form
- IPR Intent to Participate Transition Academic Year Form
- IPR Lump Sum Request Form
- IPR Lump Sum Transition and Regular Form
- IPR Lump Sum Transition Only Form
- Required Training for PHS Research Project Directors, Project Staff and Students (held April 2012) - view video, slides, documents
- Responsible Conduct of Research online video, DVDs and presentation materials - See Below
Subscribe to our listserv
- Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org from the address you want to subscribe to the list
- In the subject line of your message, type in: subscribe OSP Firstname Name (indicate your own first name and name).
- Leave the message body blank.
Roundtable - 10 a.m.
- FY 13 meetings:
- Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - SUB D, minutes
- Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - SUB 233/235, minutes
- Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Procrastinator Theatre, minutes
- Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - Procrastinator Theatre, minutes
- FY 14 meetings:
- Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - Procrastinator Theatre
- Thursday, November 14, 2013 - Procrastinator Theatre
Training - On & Off Campus
Principal Investigator (PI) Training
- The Fall 2013 MSU Principal Investigator (PI) training session has been scheduled for Tuesday, October 22th, 2013 in the SUB Procrastinator Theater from 1 – 4 p.m.
- The next Principal Investigator (PI) training session will be held in Spring, 2014.
- The Principal Investigator training is designed to ensure that all investigators have the information needed to conduct their research in compliance with both federal and state regulations.
- MSU PI Training is mandatory (one-time only) for researchers and we encourage anyone, including students, working with sponsored funding to attend.
- Registration deadline: October 17th, 5 p.m. Email Carmen, email@example.com to register.
- To be included in the next training session email Carmen, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of Sponsored Programs, Technology Transfer Office and Legal Counsel held a required additional training session for all personnel involved in the design, conduct or reporting of sponsored research activities. Some new developments now require training and certifications that you need to learn about. Specifically for NIH funding recipients, attendance is mandatory to ensure that spending can continue past 8/24/12. This training was held in April 2012.
Three major topics were covered:
- Protecting university and inventor rights in intellectual property (Stanford v Roche) - Intellectual Property slides & IP handouts
- New Conflict of Interest regulations and MSU policy changes - COI Policy Revision & Gender Discrimination slides & COI handouts
- Title IX – Gender Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct
If you missed the training held in April 2012 you may do one of the following:
- Contact Carmen Fike to check out a DVD, or watch the video below. Following viewing, please send an email to Carmen to let her know you have completed the training.
- Take the CITI Program’s Conflict of Interest mini-course - https://www.citiprogram.org/. Note: When registering, be sure to affiliate yourself with MSU.
REMINDER: After taking the training, all research active employees must provide for their assignment of technologies. To execute this form, go to "My Info" at the bottom of the MSU Home Page, enter the secure area, and after login, go to My Apps at the top right. and select the Intellectual Property Agreement.
If you have questions please contact Leslie Schmidt in the Office of Sponsored Programs (994-2381).
Cost Share, ePCF, T&E, Travel and many more, contact OSP to schedule
Grant Report – training video on the Inception to Date Report View
Responsible Conduct of Research
New - Responsible Conduct of Research Seminar (for students and postdocs performing research funded by the National Science Foundation AND training grants funded by the National Institutes of Health) will be held again in Fall 2013. Email Carmen Fike to get on a notification list.
Alternative RCR Training -
A training DVD may be checked out from Carmen Fike (email@example.com).
The video can also be viewed below. August 10, 2010 presentation materials: Training PPT and CITI Cheat Sheet
After viewing the video, please send an email to Carmen to let her know you have completed the training.
CITI courses available to MSU are:
- Laboratory Animal Welfare
- Human Subjects Research
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Conflict of Interest
- Cultural Competence in Research (included in Human Subjects, Biomedical and Social and Behavioral courses)
- IACUC Community Member
- IRB Chair
- Working with Fish in Research Settings
Note: When registering with CITI, be sure to affiliate yourself with MSU.