Welcome to the Department of Agricultural and Technology Education at Montana State University! As the only academic program in the state of Montana preparing Agricultural Education teachers and Technology Education teachers, we take seriously our role in providing outstanding classroom, laboratory, practicum and internship experiences to our students. Beyond preparing individuals for careers in formal education settings, we provide technical and professional skills options to people preparing for careers in business, industry, government and non-profit entities.
- Excellence in education; treating each person as an individual
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Hands-on learning and skill acquisition
- Utilizing research for the benefit of the public
- Lifelong learning
Our students’ graduation rates typically outpace those of the University. In-discipline employment rates for our graduates annually exceed 88%. Our pride comes from our students, both undergraduate and graduate.
We are delighted you are here. Please share with us your questions and let us know
how we can assist you.
Carl Igo-Department Head
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Education:
- Bachelor of Science in Technology Education:
- Broadfield Teaching Option
- Industrial Option
- Teaching Minor:
- Online Masters of Science:
- Agricultural Education
- Technology Education (coming soon)
- BS in Agricultural Education-Broadfield Teaching Option
- BS in Agricultural Education-Communications, Leadership, and Extension Option
- BS in Technology Education (Coming Soon)