Disability Services and Information
Who We Are
Our purpose is to provide access to all college programs, services, activities and facilities for students with disabilities. This includes encouraging self-advocacy for students and connecting them with resources and support services across campus to help them achieve their personal best.
Voting is one of our most important civil rights. Several laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), ensure equal access for all people with disabilities. The COVID 19 pandemic may affect when, where or how you vote. Montana has various options for voters with disabilities. Please visit Voters with Disabilities - Montana to learn what those options are. More information on voting on submitting your ballot on campus please contact the Office of Student Engagement.
ODS COVID-19 UPDATES
Our office is open and we are conducting appointments via WebEx, phone and in-person by appointment only.
If you are an MSU student registered with our office, please contact your Accessibility Specialist with any questions or concerns. Or call our main number at 406-994-2824 to schedule an appointment.
Michelle Mulhill, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Albertson, email@example.com
If you are a Prospective Student or a Student seeking academic accommodations please take the following steps:
Step 1. Submit a completed Student Intake Form
Step 2. Read Documentation Guidelines for your specific disability
Step 3. Provide documentation. The accommodations process is an interactive one that requires documentation of the disabling condition and functional limitations that result. Under the 2008 ADA Amendment Act, key questions that should be addressed in documentation include:
- Is there clear evidence of a disability?
- What is the impact of the disability?
- Does it substantially limit a major life activity?
- Is there history of receiving services?
Step 4. Submit all documentation and forms electronically to the Office of Disability Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are having accessibility issues with any of the forms or need help filling it out please contact us at 406-994-2824
TO KEEP UP TO DATE PLEASE MONITOR THE FOLLOWING:
- ODS' Student Resources for COVID-19 Page
- The MSU Coronavirus (COVID-19) website provides information regarding COVID - 19 Updates, Information about COVID-19, Frequently Asked Questions, Travel Information and Communications Archives
Romney Oval Closure
The Romney Oval area, north of Romney Hall, has been closed for the installation of the new sustainability geothermal system. This closure is scheduled to be effective until December 3, 2021
Temporary ADA Parking Spots Have Been Identified and Permanent ADA Parking Spots Have Been Created
- 4 ADA Parking Spaces have been added to lot #14 (Wolf), next to the Marga Hosaeus Fitness Center
- 5 Temporary ADA Parking Spaces in lot #27 (Bison), next to Yellowstone Hall will be available starting September 19
- Permanent ADA Parking Spaces have been added to the lot next to the North Gym and are now open
- Grant Street will be closed between the Visual Communications Building service drive and the west end of the SUB loop
- The sidewalk on the north side of Grant Street past Romney will be closed
- A temporary sidewalk will be constructed leading around the north side of the building
- The VCB service drive entrance, the entrance to the North Fieldhouse parking lot and the SUB loop will remain accessible from Grant St.
Other Facilities, Services and Programs
For any other facilities, services and programs or to raise concerns about accessibility or access, contact Disability Services to be connected with the appropriate Accessibility Contact Person.
The Accessibility Contact Person is responsible for addressing accessibility issues, maintaining accessibility information, including the existence and location of accessible features and routes; providing information to the university community about accessibility requirements and responding to individual and group accessibility requests.
406-994-2824 or email@example.com
Disability Services Staff
Mike McNeil, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Mulhill, Accessibility Specialist, email@example.com
Nancy Albertson, Accessibility Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
For General Inquiries please email: