On this page, find current, up-to-date job postings from interested employers, as well as resources for finding jobs in your field.
State Governement Affairs (Montana Farm Bureau Federation)
Summary: Position requires a broad skill set and encompasses a range of responsibilities that support the organizational goals of the Montana Farm Bureau Federation. This position is responsible for working with state and local policy makers on issues important to the agriculture industry in Montana, negotiating with lawmakers to achieve positive outcomes for Montana agriculture and engaging Farm Bureau membership in these efforts.
Position is located at the MFBF office in Bozeman, MT and is a permanent, full-time salaried position.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Governmental Affairs to organize and conduct lobbying efforts at the state level.
- Engage Farm Bureau members in communicating with local and statewide lawmakers on issues of importance.
- Serve as primary liaison between MFBF and state agencies.
- Work with state agencies and attend legislative interim committee meetings.
- Effectively communicate MFBF policy positions during the legislative session and the interim through public testimony, during meetings and through regular correspondence.
- Manage Voter Voice communication system to activate membership when appropriate.
- Organize and prepare all election materials for MFBF Annual Convention.
- Coordinate and facilitate Farm Bureau PAC, policy development activities and the Campaign Management School.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of the mission, goals and organization of Farm Bureau is necessary but not required.
- Previous experience in the field of governmental affairs is necessary.
- Knowledge of agriculture is required; background in production agriculture is helpful but not required.
- Possess strategic and operational understanding of government procedures and processes at the state level and knowledge of public information and government relations concepts, principles, methodology, and techniques.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal credibly and effectively with state leadership, legislators, legislative staff, state agencies, other industry organizations and MFBF membership.
- Ability to exercise judgment, initiative, and independent decision making.
- Ability to research the history, understand technical aspects, and provide detailed analysis of legislation.
- Ability to read and analyze agency rules on diverse topics and develop comments for written and oral submission.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to travel in and out of state frequently.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, boards of directors and MFBF membership.
- Possesses strong writing ability and is familiar with writing for blogs, press releases, opinion editorials and official comments on proposed regulations and rules.
Possesses a keen attention to detail and exemplary time management skills.
- MFBF fosters a supportive, fun and creative work environment. Employees are encouraged to utilize their own talents, experience and expertise to grow and develop programs and projects in their purview.
- Work is primarily independent, but must be able to work in a creative, collaborative style with other staff and often be willing to provide input, effort and time into projects and tasks as a group.
- Communication, cooperation, and the ability to work as a team is essential.
For more information or to submit a resume contact: Scott Kulbeck, Executive Vice President, [email protected] with a copy to Diana Bailey, Executive Secretary/CFO, [email protected].
Positions with Ranchers Insurance
An insurance agency that helps livestock producers utilize USDA's livestock insurance programs. Specifically, Ranchers Insurance is looking for individuals with agriculture backgrounds who want to work with livestock producers. They are looking for both summer employees and full-time employees.
- Summer Opportunity: We are hiring up to five students to conduct market research on potential expansion areas this summer. The job provides a base salary plus significant incentives. This is a great opportunity for self-motivated, independent individuals with strong communication skills. For the right candidate, this could lead to future full-time employment.
- Full-Time Openings: We will be interviewing for openings for students who have recently graduated or will graduate this spring. This position is ideal for those interested in working with livestock producers in rural America. We provide base salaries with incentives that result in compensation well above market averages.
Pathways Recent Graduates
Applicants must have graduated within the past two years or will within 120 days of the closing date. Veterans who were precluded by their military service obligation from meeting this requirement will have up to six years to apply.
If an applicant hasn’t graduated but will within 120 days, they need to provide a letter from the school documenting current standing, degree being obtained and expected graduation date that must be submitted with the application.
Management and Program Analyst (Recent Graduate)
Open: 03/02/2023 to 03/17/2023 But still accepting applications.
GS-5 to 9 with conversion to FPL 11
2 vacancies to be in Bozeman or Location Negotiable in Montana
1 will be on the Programs staff and 1 on the M&S staff
Public Affairs Specialist (Recent Graduate)
Open: 03/02/2023 to 03/17/2023 But still accepting applications.
GS-5 to 9 with conversion to FPL 9
1 vacancy to be in Bozeman or Location Negotiable in Montana
Summer 2023 Jobs at Southwest Airlines
Revenue Management and Pricing strives to offer the right number of seats, at the right price, at the right time, based on forecasted demand in order to maximize revenue. We are dedicated to providing the best possible service to our Customers while maintaining a fun work environment that encourages good humor, creativity, innovation, and Teamwork. Southwest Airlines Revenue Management and Pricing Internships spans across 3 Teams: Pricing, Yield Management, and Operations Research. If selected, you will work full-time as a Team Member within one of the following Teams: Market Pricing Strategy; Operations Research Performance and Strategy; and Market Strategy in Yield Management. These roles are analytical in nature, where participants thrive in research, data mining, data analysis, and collaborative communication.
Dates: May 23, 2023 to August 11, 2023
Duration: 12-weeks, 40-hours a week.Commitment: Must reside in Dallas, TX during internship and work hybrid schedule of at least 50% in office and be onsite for applicable intern events.
Pay: $22/hr; one-time stipend $1,000
Headlining benefit: Free, unlimited space-available travel privileges for yourself (taxes and fees may apply on international travel)
MCC Conservation Fellow
The Montana Conservation Corps has a mission of "Inspiring young people through hands-on conservation service to be leaders, stewards of the land, and engaged citizens who improve their communities." We do this through adventure with purpose, with members in a variety of positions that can fit individual, conservation, and community needs. Our corps members say MCC is a great place for personal growth, to learn practical job skills, build confidence, strengthen communication and leadership competencies, and to develop the ability to work well with people from all walks of life.
Living Stipend: $750 bi-weekly before taxes
AmeriCorps Education Award: $2,474 upon successful completion of the program
Health Insurance: Provided at no cost
Location: Varies based on host site placement
Sales Representative: SYNLawn is the largest manufacturer and unrivaled innovator of artificial grass in North America with locations worldwide.Positions available in Bozeman MT, Sheridan WY, Gillette WY, and Cheyenne WY. For more information reach out directly to Sarah Meusburger at [email protected] or to Jessica Makoutz at [email protected].
General Employment Opportunities
- Research Associate: This position is located with the MSU Bozeman, MT campus and an office in Leon Johnson Hall but works primarily out of the Arthur Post Farm and the six crop production sites around Bozeman. The position is responsible for working with the MSU Foundation Seed Program and Post Farm Research Farm to facilitate successful crop production with cereal and pulse varieties released by the five MSU plant breeding programs. The primary focus will be on assisting with planting, field maintenance, harvesting, storage, cleaning and distribution of MSU varieties for seed production partners across MT.
- Fiscal Analyst (State of Montana): This non-partisan position works directly with legislators and is involved in the legislative process by researching, analyzing, summarizing and presenting a variety of data and other information. The analyst works for the Legislative Fiscal Division of the Legislative Branch and reports to one of two managers working for the division’s director, the Legislative Fiscal Analyst.
- Chrism Cattle: Seeking summer employees to assist with their cow-calf operation north of Belgrade. $18/hour. If interested please call or email Chyan (pronounced Cheyenne) at 406-580-9646 or email [email protected].
- American Economics Association: Recruiters look to the AEA Network for high-caliber candidates in economics. Browse the thousands of Economics positions available to you and apply all on one easy site.
- Montana Conservation Fellow: MCC’s Conservation Fellow (CF) program provides opportunities for recent college graduates to gain professional experience in a conservation-related field.
- Cyber Security Positions: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job prospects of cyber security analysts is expected to increase by 28 percent. This is much faster than for any other occupation listed in the U.S. Other occupations are projected to grow between 7 and 13 percent in the same time period.
- Agricultural Sales and Marketing Representative, Northern Ag Network, Position located in Billings, MT.
- Land O' Lakes INC: Specifically WinField United needing customer service, Co-Ops and ag relations and sales positions.
- The Board of Governors and 12 Federal Reserve Banks throughout the country are recruiting recent graduates to fill a number of Research Assistant positions. The positions are full-time, salaried, and offer benefits. To apply go to www.fedeconjobs.org. Candidates must submit separate applications to each Bank of interest.
- West Paw: Staff accountant, production shift lead, production team member (evenings and overnight shifts) -- Bozeman, MT.
- First Interstate Bank: Multiple teller, lending and analyst positions available.
- CareerBuilder: Numerous positions available.
- Jennie-O Turkey Store: Numerous positions available, including clerical, assistant farm managers, mechanical engineering, farm operations.
- ACE Group: Numerous positions available (closing dates vary).
- Frontline Ag LLC: Multiple positions available, including equipment sales, service technicians, welders,
- National Park Service: Positions available include: Human resources specialist, administrative assistant, digital content specialist and others.
- CommonFont:Solutions consultant and an Engagement manager
- Kansas State Research and Extension: Multiple positions available, including Extension specialists and agents, farm manager,
- AG Careers
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture: Search Engine.
- Institute for Humane Studies: George Mason University.
- Peace Corps: Numerous positions available.
- Stockman Bank: Multiple positions for tellers and other positions.
- Montana Bankers Association: Multiple positions include Ag/Commercial lender (Havre), commercial loan officer (Bozeman) and others.
- Cargill: Use search engine.
- ZipRecruiter: General job employment website
Career Destinations Summary
"Each year Career, Internship & Student Employment Services at Montana State University conducts a survey to determine placement rates and salary survey information from recent MSU graduates (Summer 2017, Fall 2017, and Spring 2018). Graduates were requested to participate in the survey to provide relevant information regarding the transition from college to career/graduate school. The contents of this document reflect the information gleaned from that effort, demonstrating “life after university“ with regard to employment, graduate school, salary, location, etc."