On this page, find current, up-to-date job postings from interested employers, as well as resources for finding jobs in your field.
- MSU Extension Summer Internships Complete your application by November 18, 2022.
MSU Extension is offering three summer internships for summer 2023. The host offices are:
Fallon-Carter Counties, Baker (with experiences in Custer and Prairie counties), Amanda Williams
Glacier County, Cut Bank, Kari Lewis
Lewis and Clark County, Helena, Mat Walter
Yellowstone County, Billings, Roni Baker
Compensation: Up to $5,250.00 for approximately eight full-time weeks
General Information: Interns will gain professional experience utilizing nonformal education strategies by partnering with Extension agents to plan, implement, and evaluate educational programs for adults and youth in field offices. MSU Extension Interns work in county or reservation Extension offices under the direction of one or more Extension agents. Upon completion of an internship the student will understand the nature and responsibilities of being an MSU Extension agent.
Revenue Management and Pricing strives to offer the right number of seats, at the right price, at the right time, based on forecasted demand in order to maximize revenue. We are dedicated to providing the best possible service to our Customers while maintaining a fun work environment that encourages good humor, creativity, innovation, and Teamwork. Southwest Airlines Revenue Management and Pricing Internships spans across 3 Teams: Pricing, Yield Management, and Operations Research. If selected, you will work full-time as a Team Member within one of the following Teams: Market Pricing Strategy; Operations Research Performance and Strategy; and Market Strategy in Yield Management. These roles are analytical in nature, where participants thrive in research, data mining, data analysis, and collaborative communication.
Dates: May 23, 2023 to August 11, 2023
Duration: 12-weeks, 40-hours a week.Commitment: Must reside in Dallas, TX during internship and work hybrid schedule of at least 50% in office and be onsite for applicable intern events.
Pay: $22/hr; one-time stipend $1,000
Headlining benefit: Free, unlimited space-available travel privileges for yourself (taxes and fees may apply on international travel)
- Multiple Opportunities at Northwest Farm Credit Services:
Along with serving their communities, CFs make tangible contributions to climate change solutions while developing professional skills that directly transfer to a career in the natural resources field.
Living Stipend: $635 bi-weekly before taxes
AmeriCorps Education Award: $2,417 upon successful completion of the program
Health Insurance: Provided at no cost
Location: Varies based on host site placement
- Tourism Data Analyst for the State of Montana's Department of Commerce:
This position performs research and analysis focusing on Montana’s economy, demographics, tourism marketing, and the efficacy of related state programs. Typical duties include determining data needs, data management and data wrangling, conducting advanced research, and producing analytical products including reports, presentations, and interactive data displays.
- Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Data Science, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Mathematics, Statistics, or other related fields. Knowledge of Excel, R package, Python, SQL, etc.
- SYNLawn®Installation Technician or Sales Representative: SYNLawn is the largest manufacturer and unrivaled innovator of artificial grass in North America with locations worldwide.Positions available in Bozeman MT, Sheridan WY, Gillette WY, and Cheyenne WY. For more information reach out directly to Sarah Meusburger at [email protected] or to Jessica Makoutz at [email protected].
General Employment Opportunities
- American Economics Association: Recruiters look to the AEA Network for high-caliber candidates in economics. Browse the thousands of Economics positions available to you and apply all on one easy site.
- Montana Conservation Fellow: MCC’s Conservation Fellow (CF) program provides opportunities for recent college graduates to gain professional experience in a conservation-related field.
- Cyber Security Positions: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job prospects of cyber security analysts is expected to increase by 28 percent. This is much faster than for any other occupation listed in the U.S. Other occupations are projected to grow between 7 and 13 percent in the same time period.
- Agricultural Sales and Marketing Representative, Northern Ag Network, Position located in Billings, MT.
- Land O' Lakes INC: Specifically WinField United needing customer service, Co-Ops and ag relations and sales positions.
- The Board of Governors and 12 Federal Reserve Banks throughout the country are recruiting recent graduates to fill a number of Research Assistant positions. The positions are full-time, salaried, and offer benefits. To apply go to www.fedeconjobs.org. Candidates must submit separate applications to each Bank of interest.
- West Paw: Staff accountant, production shift lead, production team member (evenings and overnight shifts) -- Bozeman, MT.
- First Interstate Bank: Multiple teller, lending and analyst positions available.
- CareerBuilder: Numerous positions available.
- ACE Group: Numerous positions available (closing dates vary).
- Frontline Ag LLC: Multiple positions available, including equipment sales, service technicians, welders,
- National Park Service: Positions available include: Human resources specialist, administrative assistant, digital content specialist and others.
- CommonFont:Solutions consultant and an Engagement manager
- Kansas State Research and Extension: Multiple positions available, including Extension specialists and agents, farm manager,
- AG Careers
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture: Search Engine.
- Institute for Humane Studies: George Mason University.
- Peace Corps: Numerous positions available.
- Stockman Bank: Multiple positions for tellers and other positions.
- Montana Bankers Association: Multiple positions include Ag/Commercial lender (Havre), commercial loan officer (Bozeman) and others.
- Cargill: Use search engine.
- ZipRecruiter: General job employment website
Career Destinations Summary
"Each year Career, Internship & Student Employment Services at Montana State University conducts a survey to determine placement rates and salary survey information from recent MSU graduates (Summer 2017, Fall 2017, and Spring 2018). Graduates were requested to participate in the survey to provide relevant information regarding the transition from college to career/graduate school. The contents of this document reflect the information gleaned from that effort, demonstrating “life after university“ with regard to employment, graduate school, salary, location, etc."