Manuscript Completion RFP 2023
COLLEGE OF EHHD MANUSCRIPT COMPLETION INTERNAL GRANT OPPORTUNITY
The College of Education, Health and Human Development will award up to $2,500 for internal mini-grants for faculty who will submit a manuscript for a peer-reviewed journal by August 2023.
This internal grant opportunity is designed to incentivize focused effort on manuscript completion and submission during the first month of summer (May or June 2023).
Eligible: TT Faculty
Please submit a 1-PAGE document (word or pdf) with the following information
- PI Name (include co-authors if applicable; can include graduate students)
- Working title of manuscript
- Brief manuscript abstract or outline
- Description of steps/timeline for completion of manuscript (what needs to be done?)
- Intended journal (1st choice, 2nd choice)
- Budget Justification (how much time/effort or other expenditures will be required, and at what cost?)
APPLICATION INFORMATION AND AWARD CONDITIONS:
- DEADLINE:April 1, 2023 (early submissions encouraged)
- Submit your application to Elizabeth Bird, [email protected]
- The Office of Scholarship Advancement and Academic Impact Team will serve as the review committee for evaluating and prioritizing these awards. Awardees will be announced within 2 weeks after the submission deadline.
- Awardees are expected to document submission of manuscript by August 23, 2023.
- The deadline for expending funds is June 30, 2023 (without exception).
- Funds can be spent on summer salary or student wages commensurate with effort -OR- other materials generally needed for your scholarship, especially if your summer salary will already be the maximum allowed through grants/teaching etc.
- Quality of abstract/outline (25%)
- Budget clarity & ability to expend funds by June 30, 2023(25%)
- Ability (as evidenced by steps/timeline) to complete manuscript submission by August 23, 2023 (50%)