Welcome to the Education Advising Center!
Our two full time academic advisors look forward to meeting with students who are
education majors as well as returning students seeking licensure in the K-12 public
schools. Our goal is to provide students with the skills necessary to be successful
in their 4 years at MSU. We are committed to:
- Assist students in developing meaningful educational plans, compatible with their
- Help students accept responsibility for their own education.
- Provide guidance in curricular and professional choices to aid students' professional
- Assist students in interpretation of institutional requirements.
- Enhance student awareness of educational resources available.
- Evaluate student progress toward established goals.
- Assist students in developing decision-making skills.
We look forward to meeting with you!
The Health and Human Development Advising office is a friendly, welcoming resource
for HHD students. Knowledgeable advisors provide timely, detailed information to
students and work with them to develop an appropriate plan of study. We clarify and
assist in the understanding of curriculum, graduation requirements, and university
policies and procedures, and also participate in new student recruitment and orientation.
Students majoring in Community Health, Early Childhood Education & Child Services,
Health & Human Performance (Exercise Science and Kinesiology options), Health Enhancement
K-12, Hospitality Management (Food Enterprise, Lodging and Facilities Management,
and Restaurant Management: Farm-to-Table options), and Human Development and Family
Science (Human Development & Family Science and Family & Consumer Sciences Education
options), as well as freshmen and sophomores in Food and Nutrition (Dietetics and
Nutrition Science options) meet with the HHD Advising Office every semester. Sustainable
Foods & Bioenergy Systems students are advised by Mary Stein, and Food & Nutrition
juniors and seniors are advised by Melody Anacker.