Growing Together Montana 2022 Impact Report
Growing Together Montana is a collaboration between the MSU Extension Nutrition Education Program and the Master Gardener program that provides grants to active Master Gardener volunteers with a focus on growing and donating produce to local food banks and other emergency food resources. Master Gardeners also have the opportunity to work with SNAP-Ed instructors in their communities to provide nutrition education to the individuals and families that utilize the food donation sites.
- 4 Growing Together projects
- 5 Extension Master Gardener volunteers
- 106 Non-Extension Master Gardener volunteers
- 356 Extension Master Gardener volunteer hours
- 904 Non-Extension Master Gardener volunteer hours
- 6 Organizations received produce
- $4,942 In funding provided
- $2,370 Additional funds leveraged
- 17 Partner agencies engaged
- 17,925 Montanans with increased access produce
- 2,626 pounds of produce donated
Learn more at https://www.montana.edu/extension/buyeatlivebetter/growing_together_montana.html or contact Valerie Seeton at 406-994-6022 or [email protected]
This material was funded by USDA's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - SNAP.
This Institution Is An Equal Opportunity Provider.