MSU Extension Econ Tools
Online tools to aid in economic farm management decisions
- Economics of Fertilizer Application in Grain Production: Optimize nitrogen fertilizer application rates using agronomic and economic models
- Oilseed & Biodiesel Economics: Determine if on-farm oilseed and biodiesel production makes sense for your operation
- Fungicide Decision Tool: Compare costs and benefits of fungicide application in the presence or absence of disease
- Montana Ag Prices: Compare current and historical prices for wheat, barley, cattle, and hay at several locations in Montana. Data are from USDA AMS.
- Saline Seep Reclamation: Analyze the costs and benefits of addressing a saline seep by planting a perennial crop such as alfalfa in the seep recharge area.
- Map Maker: Create color-coded county map of Montana using your own data.
- Potato Market/Disease Simulator: A classroom tool for students to numerically weigh market and production risk in potato production.
- Pasture Lease Calculator: Calculates equitable pasture lease rates in share or cash terms.