Avoid Probate on Real Property by Filing a Transfer on Death Deed
- Nonprobate Transfers MSU Extension MontGuide
(MT199509HR) (2017) (PDF Version) (HTML Version-ADA Accessible) [Order Online]
Describes the various forms of ownership Montana allows the deceased's property to bypass probate and transfer directly to beneficiaries such as payable on death designations on financial accounts and transfer on death registrations for stocks, bonds, and mutual funds.
- Transfer on Death Deeds in Montana MSU Extension MontGuide
(MT202010HR) (2020) (PDF Version) (HTML Version-ADA Accessible) [Order Online]
A Transfer on Death Deed allows owners of real property in Montana to transfer it at death to one or more designated beneficiaries without probate.
- Transfer on Death Deed Form--One Primary Beneficiary (PDF)
- Transfer on Death Deed Form--2 to 4 Beneficiaries (PDF)
- Affidavit of Death Form for Transfer on Death Deed (PDF)
- Revocation Form for a Transfer on Death Deed (PDF)
- Beneficiary Designation for a Motor Vehicle or Vessel Title (Montana Motor Vehicle Division)