The MSU Office of Communications assists film companies, photographers, and other media representatives with film and photography requests on campus. Our office will issue the required film or photo permit and offer guidance for university-related services.

For simplicity, as used in these guidelines, "filming" includes videography and photography. 


News media covering an active or breaking news story do not require a permit. Requests for news reporting should be directed to the MSU News Service Director:

Michael Becker
Director, MSU News Service

News media wishing to film with a UAS (drone) must complete a Request to Film application.