Add or Drop a Summer Course
After receiving a registration PIN from their advisors, students can generally manage their enrollment through MyInfo and CatCourse Scheduler (for more information, please visit the Registration Information website). Sometimes students need instructor approval to add a class. Instructors can authorize an override of a pre-requisite, course cap or time conflict. They may also authorize a student to add their course after the deadline has passed for students to self-add online. To drop a class after the self-drop deadline, students need to consult an advisor. Details on these processes can be found below.
Connect with your advisor (to drop a class) or instructor (to add a class) early to help you navigate these processes by published deadlines.
- Dropping or adding a course could significantly impact your bill and financial aid. Contact Student Accounts or the Office of Financial Aid Services if you have questions.
- To add or drop a course after the deadline for extraordinary reasons, please utilize DocuSign to initiate this process.
- To view the email announcing the new Add/Drop process follow this link.
- To ADD a class when you cannot complete the process through MyInfo or CatCourse Scheduler,contact the instructor of the class you’d like to be added into. To locate instructor information, find the class on the Schedule of Classes in MyInfo.
- To DROP a class:
- Start with your assigned academic advisor, unless your department has shared a different process with you.
- Students must receive advisor approval. It is important that you reach out to them well in advance of the deadline to ensure you have time to complete the withdraw before the deadline.
- If you have recently changed majors or are unable to connect with your advisor, see
the Undergraduate Advisor Contacts website.
- Graduate students should reach out to their home department to confirm their advisor.
- If dropping to zero credits after bill confirmation has taken place, fill out the university withdrawal request form online.
Before adding or dropping a summer course, please review the rules associated with the part of term the course is associated with. Each part of term has specific registration deadlines defined in the table below.
To find the part of term your course is associated with, navigate to the Schedule of Classes for Summer 2022. Look up the course you’ve registered for. You can find the part of term your course is associated with in the far-right column.
Part of Term Example
M 121Q-801 is in the First Half Session and has the following registration rules:
If a student wanted to add this course on May 11 or earlier but could not do so online (registration error appeared such as Consent of Instructor or a Time Conflict), the student would reach out to the instructor to be added. If he/she wanted to add it May 12 or 13, instructor approval would be needed. After May 13 - June 18, instructor, advisor and assistant dean approval would be needed to add for extraordinary reasons via DocuSign. If a student wanted to drop this course, he/she could do so online through May 13. From May 14 - June 11, advisor approval would be needed. After June 11 - June 18, instructor, advisor and assistant dean approval would be needed to drop for extraordinary reasons via DocuSign.
Need help? Please contact the Registrar’s Office at [email protected].