Please report injuries as soon as you are able to do so.  Reporting is done through an on-line reporting system by completing the First Report of Injury.

  1. Complete the employee First Report of Injury if you are injured on the job;
  2. Your supervisor will review the First Report of Injury and complete the reporting process.

For additional information on reporting, visit Employee Injury Reporting.

For questions, call your SRM Claims Coordinator at 406-994-6889.

Workers' Compensation

Workers’ Compensation is insurance that provides benefits to employees that become injured or ill at work while performing their job duties.  At Montana State University, this insurance is provided by the Montana University System Self-Funded Workers’ Compensation Program. 

Seeking Medical Treatment

Employees that need medical treatment from a workplace injury should notify their supervisor (if possible) and get treatment immediately if necessary. 


This program is designed to assist injured employees to stay at work while recovering or to help employees return to work as soon as possible after an occupational injury.