ChampChange Rules, Point Expiration and Use, Suspicious Activity, and FAQs
Rules (Terms and Conditions) for $1000 Tuition Waiver
- The winner must have a 2.5+ cumulative and semester GPA
- The winner must be in good academic standing
- The winner must be registered and an undergraduate for the next semester
- The prize is non-transferrable
- The waiver will be applied against the next semester
- A student may only win one tuition waiver in a calendar year
Point expiration and use
- Points are accumulated throughout the semester and will expire at the end of the semester
- If you participate in an auction or raffle you will see the points deleted from your total. If you are outbid on an auction item the points that you previously bid will be immediately returned to your account. You may bid on as many items as you wish but you will only be allowed to win one auction and one raffle item each semester. AYCSS will contact winners with details once the auction or raffle has completed.
- AYCSS reserves the right to monitor and review point accumulation to preserve fairness and equity for all students. The ChampChange program has been created to encourage participation in MSU events and programs. It will not be used as a method of acquiring points without active participation.
- Monitoring may include verifying the number of CatCard swipes performed each day and the pattern of swipes. In the event that abuse is suspected we may ask to speak to the participant which could result in negating points or revoking the ability of a student to participate in the raffles, auctions, or BUY NOW program.
- There is a point dispute process and if you believe that you are missing points from an event or card swipe please visit http://www.montana.edu/aycss/champchange/point-dispute.html within 14 days of the event or missing swipe.
Suspicious Activity Monitoring
We would like to remind you that we do monitor activity in the system and that points are awarded for utilizing the services provided by MSU to assist students in their success at MSU. We apply fairness to all students to ensure that everyone is able to share the benefits of ChampChange program and the prizes that we offer. If you have any questions about the program please visit our website or call 406-994-4329.
Monitoring may include verifying the number of CatCard swipes performed each day and the pattern of swipes. In the event that abuse is suspected we may ask to speak to the participant which could result in negating points or revoking the ability of a student to participate in the raffles, auctions, or BUY NOW program.
Q: Who is eligible for ChampChange?
A: All undergraduate students are eligible, registered, and can participate for free.
Q: Why should I care about ChampChange?
A: Research has shown that students who feel connected to their university are more likely to persist to graduation. As a way to foster that connection, ChampChange encourages students to become active members in their community through participation in events and activities around campus.
Q: How do I earn ChampChange points?
A: Visit one of the permanent readers. You may also earn points for point worthy events listed on the MSU calendar, club events, and sporting events.
Q: How do I check my points?
A: Select ‘Check my Point Total’ on this webpage.
Q: What are the prizes and reward levels?
A: Prizes vary from semester to semester with a top prize of a $1000 tuition waiver to a qualifying student. Other prizes have include Smart TVs, AirPods, Printers, and Bikes. Check this website frequently for information about upcoming BUY NOW, Raffle, and Online Auctions.
Q: How many times can I swipe?
A: There is no limit to the number of ChampChange points you may accumulate. We monitor the CatCard readers and if we detect possible abuse of the program will request that the student come to AYCSS to discuss the issue. Continued abuse may result in points being deducted from the student’s account or even suspension from the ChampChange auctions and raffles.
Q: How do I enter a ChampChange coupon?
A: Use the link on this webpage to login with your Netid and password. Go to Redeem a Coupon and enter the coupon code. You will see the expiration date printed on the coupon. Points are added instantly to your account.
Q: When are points loaded to my account?
A: Points from the CatCard readers are usually loaded the following day. Points from events , workshops, or other activities are loaded within 7 days of the event or when AYCSS receives the point information from the organizers.
Q: When will points expire?
A: All ChampChange points will expire at the end of the semester.
Q: How many actions and raffles can I bid on?
A: Winning – You may bid on as many items as you wish but you may only win one auction or raffle item per semester. You may bid and win as many BUY NOW items as you wish.
Q: What do I do if I am missing points from my account?
A: Disputes. If you believe that you are missing points from your ChampChange account please complete the online form at http://www.montana.edu/aycss/champchange/point-dispute.html within 14 days of the disputed date.