Disability Services and Information
Who We Are
Our purpose is to provide access to all college programs, services, activities and facilities for students with disabilities. This includes encouraging self-advocacy for students and connecting them with resources and support services across campus to help them achieve their personal best.
Looking for Information regarding Priority Registration?
Click here for more information.
New Mental Health Screening Resource
The Counseling and Psychological Services department is providing a free mental health screening resource. This self-assessment does not replace professional help, but may help you identify if you are at risk of developing a disorder. Visit the assessment here.
Looking for more information relating to Disability Services at a college or university? The Office of Civil Rights (OCR) has a page dedicated to the rights and responsibilities of students with disabilities attending post-secondary schools. View their page here.
For more information regarding the differences between receiving accommodations in high school and in college, see this information page.
STREET CLOSURE NOTIFICATION
LOCATION: Grant Street from South 7th Avenue to West SUB Entrance
SCHEDULED TIME: October 15, 2018 at 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM
MONTANA HALL RENOVATION PROJECT
- The east entry (ADA entry) to Montana Hall is closed due to a renovation project
- The project highlights include:
- Providing elevator/lift access to all floors of Montana Hall
- Providing an ADA compliant restroom on each floor
- Improving building safety and emergency exit with a new stairway
- Departments in the basement of Montana Hall are all aware of the ADA restriction and will work with MSU Disability Services to make accommodations for any students or other stakeholders who may need help during the construction project
- Closure will last into Spring Semester 2019
- Projected completion in January/February 2019
- Intermittent closures of shorter duration may be necessary after winter to finish
work on the building exterior at the east entry
- The project highlights include:
SIDEWALK CLOSURE NOTIFICATION
LOCATION: South 7th Avenue East sidewalk will close at the Parking Structure
SCHEDULED TIME: August 21, 2018 at 7:00 AM until November 5, 2018 at 9:00 PM
This is a notification of a sidewalk closure for NAH work related to the Norm Asbjornson Hall Project. Please inform those who will be affected by this and if there are any questions, feel free to contact Rob at ext. 2107.
- Work will be performed by Martel Construction
- If parking in the Structure, you will need to exit via the East ADA access path to access campus
- South 7th Avenue West sidewalk will be the detour sidewalk
- Signs will be posted
STREET NARROWING NOTIFICATION
LOCATION: South 7th Avenue at the Parking Structure
SCHEDULED TIME: August 27, 2018 at 7:00 AM until November 5, 2018 at 9:00 PM
This is a notification for a street narrowing for NAH work as part of the Norm Asbjornson Hall Project. Please inform those who will be affected by this outage and if there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Rob at ext. 2107.
- Fence to be 12’ into 7th Avenue with two way traffic in narrowed lane similar to Grant Street
Disability Services Staff
Brenda York, Interim Director
Michelle Mulhill, Program Coordinator
Rebecca Varnes, Student Associate - Office Assistant, Front Desk
John Dolph, Student Associate - Academic Technology Assistant
For General Inquiries or to reach any of our Student Associates, please email: