Interested in being a Student Orientation Leader? Click here to learn more.
Orientation is required for all new, incoming students and is designed to:
Academic & Social Success
- Provide academic advising, articulate degree requirements, and facilitate student class registration.
- Introduce support services.
Becoming a Bobcat
- Inform students about the history, traditions, campus cultures, and engagement opportunities to facilitate identification with and integration into the institution.
- Provide opportunities for students to interact with other new students, current students, faculty, and staff.
- Provide opportunities for experienced students to share and develop leadership skills.
- Prepare students to successfully navigate physical environment
- Articulate student role and responsibilities as a member of the Bobcat community.
- Communicate academic expectations of students at a public, land-grant, high-research institution.
Check out our new virtual tour for an opportunity to see MSU from afar. The tour links 46 spherical panoramas with a walking tour sound track so you can explore the campus at your own pace.
Please note that requests for ADA accommodations should be made at least two weeks prior to the Orientation program. Requests can be submitted to the Office of Admissions at 1-888-MSU-CATS or firstname.lastname@example.org.