Orientation for Parents and Families
Welcome to the Bobcat Family
Concurrent with the Summer and Fall Freshmen Orientations is a special program for parents and families designed to acquaint you with MSU and its programs, facilities and services. Enjoy this opportunity to learn about everything Montana State University can offer your new Bobcat!
- June 10-12, 2019* (closed)
- June 24-26, 2019* (closed)
- July 15-17, 2019*
- August 21-23, 2019
*Students attending these sessions are required to stay on campus for the duration of Orientation.
The program includes:
- A variety of sessions with University staff and faculty members
- A session with the Assistant Dean of your student's academic college
- Informal discussions with Student Orientation Leaders
- Sessions detailing resources available for your student's success
- Social evening with other Bobcat parents and MSU staff
- A parent and family brunch connecting you with other parents and MSU administrators
There is a $50 program fee per family (which does not include meals or lodging). Information about the Parent/Family program will be included with the Orientation materials your student will receive.
Parents interested in attending the Parent/Family Orientation can register along with their student online. If your student has already registered and you would like to register later, please contact the Orientation Office at (406) 994-2827 or email@example.com.
Schedule subject to change. A final schedule of events will be given at check-in.
Please note that sessions and timeslots listed below are subject to change. For a complete list of all programming, please refer to the official schedule provided at your Orientation session.
All sessions included in the parent Orientation program are optional. Students are required to attend all of the sessions listed in their schedule.
Questions? We're here to help.
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us! You can email our
staff at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm MT at 1-888-MSU-CATS.