The Bracken Center for Excellence in Undergraduate Business Education
YOUR Student Resources & Opportunity Center!
The Bracken Center provides and facilitates student engagement opportunities for business
students through a variety of programs, events, services, and activities. We are THE
HUB for business communications assistance, business job & internship opportunities,
professional development, international opportunities, student organizations, as well
as some related business scholarships and fellowships.
Explore using the navigation links to the left and below.
Main Programs include:
• The BBCC offers one-on-one coaching by business communications professionals to
improve students’ writing, speaking, interviewing, and oral presentation skills.
• In close coordination with MSU’s Career, Internship & Student Employment Services
Office, the Bracken Center offers internship and career information and advising for
business students, including networking opportunities, workshops and presentations
on job search skills.
- Meet the Accounting Recruiters during the fall semester and Meet the Business Recruiters during the fall and spring semesters, exclusively for business students.
- Many info & networking sessions with companies seeking to hire our students throughout the year (i.e. KPMG, R/GA, Elixiter, etc).
• JJCBE also offers programs exclusively to business students such as the CATalyst Mentoring Program.
• Study Abroad and International Scholarships - The Bracken Center administers some scholarships and fellowships exclusively for students, including the Armistead and Bracken International Fellowships, Gallinger Business Development and Russell W Crawford International Business Scholarships to support participation in international exchanges and internships.
• Performance Based Scholarships - The Bracken Center also administers the Bracken Professionalism Award (PRIDE Award), and the Harrington’s Bottling Company Student Mentorship Award available for high performing students representing the PRIDE code and dedication to community service, mentorship and professionalism.
• Each summer, 1-2 students participate in the almost all-expenses-paid internship with the Starzen Company in Tokyo, Japan.
• Faculty Professionalism Support - The Bracken Center assists faculty with curriculum innovation and professional development support, keeping our faculty on the leading edge of instruction.
• Student Professionalism Support – The Bracken Center has funding to assist students and student organizations with expenses to attend conferences, competitions and company visits.
• The Bracken Center supports nine student clubs: American Marketing Association at MSU, Beta Alpha Psi/Accounting Club, Beta Gamma Sigma, Enactus/Social Impact Club, Finance Club, International Business Club, LaunchCats, Management Club, and Montana Investment Group (MIG). Staff and faculty assist with organizing events, guest speakers, fund raising activities and communications for student groups. Student organizations provide an excellent opportunity for students to learn leadership skills, run for office and build professional relationships with peers and businesses.
• The Bracken Center administers the Alderson Student Support program through which
the College provides funding assistance for student groups to participate in competitions,
attend conferences, perform community services and other professional activities.
• Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) is the international honor society serving business programs accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest recognition a business student anywhere in the world can receive in a business program accredited by AACSB International.
Created through a $3 million donation in 2002 from the family and friends of Gary
K. Bracken ’61, the Bracken
Center facilitates excellence in undergraduate business education through a high quality learning environment. The Center accomplishes its mission through a focus on excellent academic preparation, the development of professional skills and nurturing personal growth.