Disability Services and Information
Who We Are
Our purpose is to provide access to all college programs, services, activities and facilities for students with disabilities. This includes encouraging self-advocacy for students and connecting them with resources and support services across campus to help them achieve their personal best.
The Office of Disability Services is offering Non-Resident Freshman Access Scholarships. Applications are due by August 1, 2019.
Interested in our Transition Program? Application Priority Deadline is July 19th, 2019.
Are you an incoming Freshman?
The Sophomore Surge is a program at MSU where incoming students will be guided and supported throughout their first year of college. The Sophomore Surge will connect first-year students with a Peer Mentor and with faculty and advising professionals at MSU who are committed to student success. Students participate in the Surge through enrollment in CLS 101US, US 101US or BGEN 104US. Learn more about Sophomore Surge.
New Mental Health Screening Resource
The Counseling and Psychological Services department is providing a free mental health screening resource. This self-assessment does not replace professional help, but may help you identify if you are at risk of developing a disorder. Visit the assessment here.
Looking for more information relating to Disability Services at a college or university? The Office of Civil Rights (OCR) has a page dedicated to the rights and responsibilities of students with disabilities attending post-secondary schools. View their page here.
For more information regarding the differences between receiving accommodations in high school and in college, see this information page.
Accessibility AlertsHAMILTON LOT AND SOUTH 7TH PARKING CLOSURE DUE TO CONSTRUCTION - July 22 until August 21
- Please note that ADA parking is available in the garage, North Field House lot, Jake Jabs lot, Strand Union. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any concerns please contact UPD at 406-994-2121 and visit with parking.
PERMANENT PARKING LOT CLOSURE
- The Roberts Lot
PARKING LOT CLOSURES
- North Fieldhouse Lot, July 20 until July 21
- Yellowstone Lot, July 22 until July 26
- East Linfield Lot (R6), July 22 until July 26
AMERICAN INDIAN HALL
- Begin Monday, June 24, anticipated completion date August 15
- There will be an impact to 7th Ave and the Hamilton Hall Lot access
MONTANA HALL RENOVATION PROJECT
- The east entry (ADA entry) to Montana Hall is closed due to renovation project
- Departments in the basement of Montana Hall are all aware of the ADA restriction and will work with the Office of Disability Services to make accommodations for any student or other stakeholders who may need help during the construction project
- Closure will last into Summer 2019
Disability Services Staff
Mike McNeil, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Brenda York, Interim Director, email@example.com
Michelle Mulhill, Accessibility Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Albertson, Accessibility Specialist, email@example.com
For General Inquiries or to reach any of our Student Associates, please email: