Office of Research Development
The mission of the Office of Research Development in the College of Education, Health, and Human Development is to provide a research infrastructure to support funded programs that enhance the College mission to serve the people of Montana and beyond in education, health and well-being.
Help with all phases of the grant process from developing funding ideas to managing projects awarded funding is available. Contact Bill Ruff or Elizabeth Bird. Walk-in office hours are every Friday 12-2 PM in Reid Rm 456, the I LEAD conference room, or you can make an appointment.
Cross-College Mental Health Scholarship Forum
This half-day event featured presenters from every MSU college sharing their scholarship related to mental health. The forum is sponsored by the VPRED.
EHHD Internal Grant Opportunities
- Student Travel Scholarship for 2018-2019:For students who are presenting at state or national conferences
- Community Based Participatory Research (CBPR) Seed Grant RFP for 2018-2019
- Integrating Research, Teaching, and Community Engagement Mini-Grant RFP for 2018-2019
- Research & Creativity Seed Grant RFP for 2018-2019
- Transformational Teaching mini-grant RFP for 2018-2019
EHHD Policies and Forms
- Internal Letter of Intent- Submit this form 4 weeks before your proposal is due. You must use Adobe to fill out this form.
- EHHD IPR Information and Procedures
- Budget Template with Sub-award/Cost-Share
- Simple Budget Template
- EHHD Policy Course Load Reductions
- EHHD Course Load Reduction Worksheet
- EHHD Policy Hiring GRAs With External Funds
- Researcher's Toolbox
EHHD Research Reports
- EHHD Research Reports 2014-2016
- EHHD REsearch Reports 2017-2018
Professional Awards you may want to nominate for:
- Professional Awards list for Education Faculty
- Professional Awards list for HHD Faculty
- Awards for Students in Education/HHD
EHHD Brown Bag Methods Seminar documents (2017-18)Seminar manuscripts available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Large Data Sets Manuscript
Research in Riral Education 2018-33-1 Wilson, Downey, Beck pages 1-14
Mixed Methods Manuscript
Computers in Human Behavior-2016-Vaterlaus 1097-1105
Case Study Manuscript
John Seifert Ski Width manuscript
Qualitative Health Research -2017: What Touched Your Heart? Collaborative Story Analysis Emerging From an Apsaalooke Cultural Context
Qualitative Inquiry-2014: Crossing Methodological Borders: Decolonizing Community-Based Participatory Research
Note: Seminar manuscripts available on request from email@example.com.
Funds available for mentors to review your grant applications: We are offering faculty a new strategy to be successful with grant writing. EHHD will provide $100 for EHHD grant writers to offer to a successful grant writing expert in your field to review a draft of your grant proposal. Recently we heard of another university that used this strategy with great success. With a $100 investment, faculty were getting an amazing quantity of helpful feedback that increased their success rates. Here are the specifics: one $100 stipend per grant that you submit; provide the name and credentials to Bill Ruff. You want to shoot for the biggest star in your area, and hopefully, when they read your stellar proposal they will also want to be a consultant for your project!
Research Computing Group (RCG): aims to provide affordable IT infrastructure to researchers. This is a collaborative effort between the ITC and the Office of the Vice President for Research to provide additional research-specific resources that lie outside the scope of ITC services.
See MSU Information Sheet for basic information required for proposal forms and budgets.