Supporting Diversity in Engineering and Science
EMPower promotes the success of underrepresented minorities and women in engineering and other fields of STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics).
EMPower is available to provide support to all underrepresented students in all STEM programs at MSU. EMPower is operated by the College of Engineering dean's office and is housed in Roberts Hall. EMPower includes MSU's Women in Engineering Program and American Indian Research Opportunities.
In pursuing its mission, EMPower provides resources and guidance to underrepresented students, including:
- guidance in arranging summer internships
- activities to ease transition to life at MSU for freshmen and transfer minority students
- guidance and financial support for minority student organizations
- awards, seminars and opportunities to interact with women and minority role models
- enrichment programs for elementary through high school students