Supporting Diversity in Engineering and Science
IMPORTANT: College of Engineering Scholarships are now available online. Make sure to check that you want to be considered for an EMPower scholarship. Deadline is Feb. 6th, 2015. Scholarships are available here.
- MSU receives national honor recognizing commitment to diversity and inclusion - Story here
EMPower supports the full inclusion of excellence in STEM.
EMPower promotes the success of underrepresented minorities and women in engineering and all STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics). In pursuing its mission, EMPower provides resources and guidance to underrepresented students, including:
- guidance in arranging summer internships
- activities to ease transition to life at MSU for freshmen and transfer minority students
- guidance and financial support for minority student organizations
- retention awards, seminars and opportunities to interact with women and minority role models
- enrichment programs for elementary through high school students. Every year, EMPower exposes pre-college students to the campus environment