Welcome to the MSU Faculty Senate!
Dear Faculty Colleagues and University Friends:
We welcome you to the 2015-16 academic year and invite your participation in the important work of shared governance at MSU-Bozeman.
The Faculty Senate is composed of representatives from each academic department, the Library, the Agricultural Research Centers, and the Agricultural Extension Service. Faculty Senate is the chief governance body of the faculty at Montana State University-Bozeman. Under the governance authority of the Montana University System, the Faculty Senate frames policies, procedures and standards of the Faculty Handbook, oversees the curricula, evaluates new academic programs, and serves to enhance communication between MSU faculty, administration, and students.
Faculty Senate leadership recognizes the importance of shared governance at MSU and we are committed to further developing a dynamic participative governance process that actively solicits input, advice and perspectives from university stakeholders and to work together in a collaborative environment with the institution’s administrative leadership regarding campus issues, policies, and procedures that impact the direction of the university. We will work to ensure that faculty have a voice in the decision-making process and a role in shaping policy for our university.
The Senate meets every Wednesday at 4:10 pm, in 346 Leon Johnson Hall when classes are in session. We welcome you to participate in our open meetings. Click here for the Fall 2015 / Spring 2016 meeting schedule and here for the current week's agenda.
Faculty Handbook Review
- Interim Faculty Personnel Policies (Old Faculty Handbook, CBA, Interim Handbook)
- Faculty Handbook Plan 2014
- Undergraduate Courses
- AGED 485: Laboratory Management & Teaching in Agricultural Education
- EBIO 407: Biological Engineering Thermodynamics
- ECIV 455: Survey Data Collection & Analysis for Transportation Engineering
- ECIV 461: Cold Regions Infrastructure Engineering
- EDU 606:Mixed Methods Research Design in Education
- EMEC 426: Thermodynamics of Propulsion Systems
- FCS 459: Reaching the Hurt Child
- KIN 430: Physical Fitness Program Design and Delivery
- WGSS: LGBTQ Studies
- Graduate Courses
- None at this time
- Proposed Graduate School Policies
- New Programs (Passed CPC or UGC)
- New Centers for Vote
- None at this time.
- New Centers for Consideration
- None at this time.
Policies and Guidelines Under Faculty Senate Consideration or Vote
- ASMSU STUDENT BILL of RIGHTS
- INTERNSHIP POLICY V1
- FUNDING PRIORITIZATION RESOLUTION with MAPPING DOCUMENT v3
- Guidelines for Review of Curriculum Changes
- Reporting Suspected Legal, Regulatory and Ethical Violations
- Proposed Changes to Metrics in Strategic Plan
Policies and Initiatives Approved by Faculty Senate
- Approved Common Hour Policy
- Approved Credit Hour Policy
- Approved Honorary Degree Policy
- Approved Personnel Files Policy Approved Posthumous Degree Policy
- NAIC Parking Garage Initiative
- Open Access
Information for Faculty
- Sustaining the Commitments, Achievements and Spirit of ADVANCE
- 2015 Academic Affairs Update - Provost Potvin 04.15.2015
- PRIOR LEARNING ASSESSMENT (PLA) RECOMMENDATIONS
- Extended University (UpDate EU) Status Report and Implementation Plan 04.01.2015
- MSU IDEA (New Course Evaluation Form) Pilot Preliminary Results 04.01.2015
- IDEA Student-Rating FORM 04.01.2015
- Interdisciplinary Activities at MSU: A Rationale and Some Opportunities 02.25.2015
- Graduate School Update 2014
- Academic Affairs Update 2014
- Center for Mental Health Research and Recovery - BOR Level II Proposal (2nd Reading)
- MUS Pension Task Force: 401(a) and 403(b) RFP - Rationale and Status Update
- MSU Incentive Program for Researchers Policy
- Performance Based Funding
- Departmental Needs
- Council Creation Documents