Welcome to the MSU Faculty Senate!
Dear Faculty Senators and Colleagues:
We welcome you to the 2017-18 academic year and invite your participation in the important work of shared governance at MSU-Bozeman.
The Faculty Senate is composed of representatives from each academic department, the Library, the Agricultural Research Centers, and the Agricultural Extension Service. Faculty Senate is the chief governance body of the faculty at Montana State University-Bozeman. Under the governance authority of the Montana University System, the Faculty Senate frames policies, procedures and standards of the Faculty Handbook, oversees the curricula, evaluates new academic programs, and serves to enhance communication between MSU faculty, administration, and students.
We recognize the importance of shared governance at MSU and are committed to further
developing a dynamic participative governance process that actively solicits input,
advice and perspectives from university stakeholders and to work together in a collaborative
environment with the institution’s administrative leadership regarding campus issues,
policies, and procedures that impact the direction of the university.
Michael Babcock, Ph.D.
Abigail Richards, Ph.D.
Material for Center Proposal Review
Proposed Retention, Tenure, and Promotion Documents
Note: Faculty up for retention, tenure, and promotion review in Fall of 2017 will continue to follow the standards and procedures that are currently in place, which are the Faculty Handbook.
Faculty Handbook Related Documents
Workload Policy and Plan Documents for reference:
Undergraduate Course Changes
Undergraduate Course Deactivation
Graduate School Courses
- ACTG 522: Accounting Information Systems II
- BIOH 595: Anatomy and Physiology For Teachers
- CHMY 587: Exploring Chemistry for Teachers
- CHMY 593: Kinetics, Equilibrium and Thermodynamics for Teachers
- CHMY 595: Chemistry of the Environment for Teachers
- CHMY 596: Exploring Organic Chemistry for Teachers
- CHMY 597: Exploring Biochemistry for Teachers
- CHMY 598: Exploring Biochemistry: Metabolism for Teachers
- CHMY 599: An Atoms-First Primer for AP/IB Chemistry Teachers
- CSCI 581: Computer Science in the Classroom: Computational Thinking for Teachers
- CSCI 582: Computer Science in the Classroom: Joy and Beauty of Data for Teachers
- EELE 508: Solar Cell Basics for Teachers
- ERTH 521: Geology of the Moon for Teachers
- ERTH 525: Landforms for Elementary Teachers
- PHSX 595: Teaching Mechanics Using Research-based Curriculum
- PHSX: 596: Teaching Electricity & Magnetism for Teachers
None at this time
- None at this time.