Welcome to the MSU Faculty Senate!
Dear Faculty Senators and Colleagues:
We welcome you to the 2017-18 academic year and invite your participation in the important work of shared governance at MSU-Bozeman.
The Faculty Senate is composed of representatives from each academic department, the Library, the Agricultural Research Centers, and the Agricultural Extension Service. Faculty Senate is the chief governance body of the faculty at Montana State University-Bozeman. Under the governance authority of the Montana University System, the Faculty Senate frames policies, procedures and standards of the Faculty Handbook, oversees the curricula, evaluates new academic programs, and serves to enhance communication between MSU faculty, administration, and students.
We recognize the importance of shared governance at MSU and are committed to further
developing a dynamic participative governance process that actively solicits input,
advice and perspectives from university stakeholders and to work together in a collaborative
environment with the institution’s administrative leadership regarding campus issues,
policies, and procedures that impact the direction of the university.
Michael Babcock, Ph.D.
Abigail Richards, Ph.D.
Material for Center Proposal Review
Proposed Retention, Tenure, and Promotion Documents
Note: Faculty up for retention, tenure, and promotion review in Fall of 2017 will continue to follow the standards and procedures that are currently in place, which are the Faculty Handbook.
Faculty Handbook Related Documents
Workload Policy and Plan Documents for reference:
Undergraduate Course Changes
None at this time
Undergraduate Course Deactivation
- None at this time
Graduate School Courses
- EMAT 560: Polymeric Materials
- ERTH 520: Fundamentals of Oceanography for Teachers
- NASX 551: Native North America: Art, Agency and Activism
- MEDS 595: Research Methods
- MSSE 504: Formative Assessment in Science Education
- MSSE 505: Foundations of Action Research in Science Education
- MSSE 509: Implementing Action Research in Science Education
- MSSE 536: Construction of Curriculum in Science Education
- MSSE 537: The 3 D’s of NGSS
- MSSE 575: Capstone Paper and Symposium in Science Education
- HLSS-MS: Master of Science in Health Sciences
- CHME-PHD: PhD in Chemical Engineering
- MADS-MS: Master of Science in Data Science
- MA : Master of Arts in English Education
None at this time
- None at this time.