- Latin American History
- Violence and Human Rights
- Displacement and Migration
- Social Movements
- PhD, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, 2007
- 2010, Beyond Displacement: Campesinos, Refugees and Collective Action in the Salvadoran
Civil War. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press.
- 2013, “The Politics of Refuge: Salvadoran Refugees and International Aid in Honduras.”
In Human Rights and Transnational Solidarity in Cold War Latin America. Jessica Stites Mor, ed. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press.
- 2002, “Raising the National Conscience: Grass-Roots Organization and Debates about
the U.S. Army School of the Americas.” In The Globalization of U.S.-Latin American Relations: Democracy, Intervention and Human
Rights. Ed., Virginia Bouvier. (New York: Praeger), 121-148.
- 2012, Review of Glenn A. Chambers, Race, Nation, and West Indian Immigration to Honduras, 1890-1940 (Louisiana State University Press, 2010). Journal of World History Vol.
23, No. 2, 451-4.
- 2007, “Organizing Flight: The Roots and Moral Economy of the Salvadoran Peasant Guinda System,” Occasional Paper 95, Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- 1999, “Anti-SOA Campaign Enters Tenth Year.” NACLA Report on the Americas (July/Aug): 53-54.