Applications are now being accepted for Poster Presentations and Faculty/Round Table Discussion Topics.
All applicants will be informed in January of their acceptance.
Registration is open! Early bird registration is $160 for students and $180 for staff and faculty until February 1st, 2019. The price will then go up to $180 for students and $200 for staff and faculty.
Registration will be considered complete once we have received your payment.
Types of Presentations:
Topics can be of any practical interest to the Honors community.
- Research Talk (15 minutes)
Presentations will be organized in a lecture setting, where each student, group of students, or faculty member is allotted 15 minutes to present and discuss their research. Presentations will be organized into topic groups based on research similarity.
- High Energy, Low Time Talk* (10 minutes)
- High energy, low time talks will be given in styles reminiscent of Pecha Kucha, Shark Tank - style, or TED talk - style, where each student, group of students, or faculty member is allotted 10 minutes to present and discuss their research. Presentations will be organized into topic groups based on research similarity.
- Creative Exhibition* (10 minutes)
The creative exhibition will be a time to highlight students involved in the arts, including, but not limited to: theater, music - composition or performance - spoken word, dance, visual arts, etcetera. These exhibitions will be presented in a performance format in front of an audience.
Given the subjectivity of creative performance, please include in your proposal a general description of your performance or end product and any other information that should be considered. We ask that performances and presentations be limited to 10 minutes.
- Poster Presentation (90 minutes)
- The poster presentation session will allow for a more informal setting for the sharing and presenting of research. There is a maximum of two students or faculty per poster presentation. Posters must be of professional conference quality, and meet listed requirements. Recommended poster size is 24 in. by 36 in.
*New this year