Frog, Chemical and You (2008)
Documentary commissioned by the Smithsonain Institution for exhibit at the National Zoo. A film by Jennifer Grace. This film has won the first-place award for Outstanding Children's Program from the College Television Awards, the award for "Best Newcomer" at the 2009 International Wildlife Film Festival, and honorable mentions for conservation message, scientific content, educational value, and narration.
Forced into Comfort, Fighting for Apology (2008)
Gold Medal and Director's Choice Award at 2009 Park City Film Music Festival, for
best impact of music in a documentary film
Documentary film on Korean Comfort Women by Theo Lipfert, music by Ilse-Mari Lee, narrated by Margot Kidder, scheduled for broadcast Fall 2008, Montana Public Television
Masada Remixed (2008)
Experimental film by Theo Lipfert, music by Ilse-Mari Lee (in production).
For orchestra, film, and digital sound. Premiered by the MSU symphony, March 2008, Shuichi Komiyama conductor, Sara Shier editor.
The Yellowstone Suite (2008)
For live cello and digital sound, funded by a grant from the Thermal Biology Institute, DVD to be distributed to schools, libraries and public television stations throughout Montana.
Musical score for a documentary film on grizzly bears in the greater Yellowstone Ecosystem, by John and Sara Shier, narrated by Susan Sarandon.
Musical score for a non-narrative documentary nature film by Keene Haywood.
Headwaters to a Continent (2007)
Film score for a documentary on water rights in Montana, aired on KUSM, February 2007.
Certain Green (2007)
A film by Theo Lipfert, awarded Gold Medal and Director’s Choice award at 2008 Park City Film Music Festival, completed 2007.
- "Alma Mater, Fair MSU" 2013
- "Variations on Simple Gifts" for clarinet, violin, cello and piano. Composed for the Honors Commencement Program, May 2009
- "Gordonkara" for two celli, in memory of Gordon Epperson, premiered in July 2006 by Michael Reynolds and Ilse-Mari Lee during the Montana Chamber Music Festival
- "Sonatina for Violoncello and Piano" premiered in November 2003 by Ilse-Mari Lee and Julie Gosswiller, funded by a Scholarship and Creativity Grant
- "War Can Not Be The Answer" for cello and percussion quartet, premiered November 2004 by Ilse-Mari Lee and Bradley Fuster, with members of the MSU Percussion Ensemble
- "Klavierles met tannie Barbara" variations on a South African folksong for solo piano, to be published in "Musicus" scholarly journal, South Africa, July 2003
- Concerto for Cello and Orchestra, "Mandela", premiered by Ilse-Mari Lee with the Billings Symphony Orchestra, February 2002
- "Magnificat" for soprano, choir, cello and harp, premiered December 2000
- "Cello Concerto", chamber version for solo cello, piano and percussion, premiered Fall 1999
- "Umzimkulu" for Cello Ensemble, premiered at the 1999 All-Northwest Music Conference, Portland, Oregon
- "Suite Denny" for two celli, premiered May 1999
- "I Shall Not Pass This Way Again", for baritone and piano trio, premiered April 1998
- "Soli Deo Gloria", commissioned for the 125th anniversary of First Presbyterian Church, Bozeman. For baritone solo, cello, organ and chorus. Accepted for publication by Choralweb Publishing
- "Sacagawea", song-cycle for soprano, narrator, flute, oboe, cello, and percussion. Premiered Fall 1993
- "Vinkel en Koljander", duo for soprano saxophone and cello, premiered spring 1993
- "The Seven Last Words", cantata for chorus, marimba, and narrator, premiered spring 1993
- "T-Bone's Tune", solo piano, premiered spring 1993
- "Valse Sentimentale", solo piano, premiered fall 1993
- "Aanroep" for cello and timpani, premiered in Bozeman, February 1990. Received European premiere March 1991. South African premiere July 1992
- "Boeretroos" for string orchestra, premiered in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Awarded First prize at the Roodepoort International Eisteddfod, October 1989
- "Raka" symphonic poem for orchestra, percussion, and chorus, 1986
- "Fanfare" for organ, strings, and percussion, 1986